Adhésion ou abonnement

BGA localization discussions
ollyfish2002

Adhésion ou abonnement

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Je pense qu'il faudrait une cohérence pour le compte Premium. je viens de trouver plusieurs versions de "Premium membership" : abonnement ou adhésion ?
compte ou membre ?
Quand pense les francophones ?
Liallan

Re: Adhésion ou abonnement

Post by Liallan »

I thought it would be good to check if the English is consistent. I found one place that says "Your current premium membership subscription" and uses both words. I'm not sure of the context of that to see if that makes sense, or seems redundant. I didn't find another occasion of "premium subscription;" they all say membership. I'd love to check if all the "club memberships" have been changed to "premium" though.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Liallan wrote:I'd love to check if all the "club memberships" have been changed to "premium" though.
Here.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

It had more to do with it being really late and not having time to deal with it right that second. ;) But obviously we still have some "clubs" left.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I just changed most of those, though I'm not sure if all the "BGA's" should be left. (i.e. "BGA Club membership" versus "BGA Premium membership" versus just "Premium membership."

And not sure about this:
Thank you for buying a pass (%days%) for the Board Game Arena club. To use your pass, please click on the following link: %link%

I've haven't seen anything called a "pass" and not sure what that is referring to exactly, or what that link is.

(Of course, none of this actually answers OP's question. :mrgreen: But cleaning up the English first is nice.)
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

j'ai fait le choix de suivre les définitions et corrigé les traductions pour abonnement contre adhésion :
adhésion nom féminin
1.Approbation réfléchie.
Je lui apporte mon adhésion complète.
synonymes : accord, assentiment
2.Acceptation par un État des obligations que comporte un traité déjà conclu entre d'autres États.
L'adhésion d'un pays à l'Union européenne.
3.Action d'adhérer , de s'inscrire (à une association, un parti).
Bulletin d'adhésion (adhérent).

abonnement nom masculin
Contrat par lequel on acquiert le bénéfice d'un service régulier moyennant un prix forfaitaire pour une durée déterminée.
Souscrire un abonnement à un journal.

Ceci me parait correspondre parfaitement au sens de membership utilisé ici pour les comptes Premium.

Return to “Translations”