error in English main site string needs attention

BGA localization discussions
dhnyny

error in English main site string needs attention

Post by dhnyny »

There's a string in the English main site that reads: "Note: Your payment information are never transmitted to BGA." This is definitely wrong because "information" is singular and "are" is plural. The question is whether "are" should be replaced with "was" or "is." If the meaning is that BGA did not receive payment information (i.e., payment failed), then it should be "was." If the meaning is that BGA never receives payment information it should be "is." The first seems more likely to me but I don't know when the string appears so I can't tell for certain. I did a temporary fix by changing it to "Note: Your payment information was/is never transmitted to BGA." But that should definitely be changed to either "was" or "is" by someone who knows the circumstances in which this string appears.
Liallan

Re: error in English main site string needs attention

Post by Liallan »

After spending all that time trying to find this, someone has already corrected it properly to "is." (In reference to using 3rd party payment methods.)

But, I did find a lot of other errors on the Premium pages while I was at it. :mrgreen:
Een

Re: error in English main site string needs attention

Post by Een »

Hi,
Yes, in fact we get an email notification when an original string is modified, so I have seen that change and fixed it.
Thanks for bringing our attention on this mistake, and to both of you for fixing a bunch of other errors! :)

Return to “Translations”