Changed on the Translation Form

BGA localization discussions
Liallan

Changed on the Translation Form

Post by Liallan »

When looking at a translation history, they're all now in little boxes (a frame I guess), which is very hard to read and follow. Generally I open that if the "current translation" box for the text is bigger than the box and I want to be able to read it more easily, but now that makes it even worse because it's in this tiny little space. It's not only difficult to read, but about impossible to compare and follow along the actual translation history. Which would seem to defeat the purpose of a history even existing.

Why this change?
N_Faker

Re: Changed on the Translation Form

Post by N_Faker »

It is possible to drag the box larger by its lower right corner.
If it is better this way.... no, not at all. It is worse.

Example:
Een

Post by Een »

Liallan wrote: Why this change?
The previous display (not inside a textarea) didn't display changes in spacing (as html display wraps spaces). This change allows to see changes concerning only spacing (which happens sometimes, usually not for a good reason...)

In most cases, the textarea displays the full text, and you can drag from the right bottom to enlarge the textarea when it's not the case.

In the example given by N_Faker, the trouble comes from the comment which takes too much space and makes the textareas too small. I'll see about limiting the space that the comment can take horizontally to fix that.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Thanks for the responses.

I did figure out about dragging it to make a bigger box, but that's an extra step and is a little weird. This is generally only necessary when there's a lot of text, but that's when it's most difficult to deal with it. (That is, with something short it's not really a problem to start with.)

In the examples I was looking at, it was not caused by an over-long explanation. The example of N_Faker's does have boxes a bit smaller, but the ones I saw without explanation were only slightly bigger.

I understand what you're saying, but in the long run, I personally preferred the way it was as I just think it's difficult to deal with. (Whereas space problems I didn't find to be a big deal.)

EDIT: Maybe we can see what others have to say about it. I know I'm not in a big hurry as I don't have a lot of time right now. I was going through Dice Forge, and the verb tenses are all inconsistent, so we need some time to get context from the game and see what's what.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

I second Lillian's notions.

The translation history is hidden by default, so having it take up a lot of space isn't an issue.
Prioritizing the display of the translations within the history would be preferable.
Een

Post by Een »

Ok, I have updated the history to have the same size as the display of the translations boxes. This will be in the next release.

Return to “Translations”