Post by e1q3z9c7 »

Player Reported: tnskyline
Incident: Trolling in News Translation System
Date: 2018-10-30
Description:
1.Dungeon Twister: Paladins & Dragons
https://zh.boardgamearena.com/#!transla ... cale=zh_TW

He changed the title with some nonsense and mixed up with a chinese name
"袁駿彥", and do it second time after I correct him. You may translate it and realize it's nothing interrelated with original title.

2.Eminent Domain

He changed the title with a name "駿彥"(First name only this time) again, and since it's the same word as above, it's pretty strong evidence to disclose a trolling behavior.

3.Terra Mystica mini-expansions

This time he goes even further, he changed the title with that name again, and use the word "下體" which means body's private parts. You may check the log and find the correction for 3 times.

I believe he's a kid, but still has no right to ruin the order. And to prevent this to happen again, I suggest:

1. A line of Warning message that remind translator that trolling may cause a ban.
2. Translator track system, which can search for certain player's username and list all strings that translate by him.

Thanks for the hard work!
Last edited by e1q3z9c7 on 31 October 2018, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Een

Re: Report a troller

Post by Een »

Thanks for the report. I blacklisted this player from the translation module and sent him/her a warning.
1. A line of Warning message that remind translator that trolling may cause a ban.
I can add this in the translation guidelines, but well... Not sure a troll would read it :roll:
2. Translator track system, which can search for certain player's username and list all strings that translate by him.
I have this as an admin tool database request. I checked and this player didn't do changes elsewhere.

Fortunately this happens very rarely. Only a handful of players have misbehaved with the translation system over the years.

Thanks again to all well meaning translators making BGA available in so many languages!
e1q3z9c7

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

Not at all, you made the first step, and I do all translation for appreciation :mrgreen:
e1q3z9c7

Post by e1q3z9c7 »

He use another account "tomislavy" did the same thing again. Sorry about what he has done.
Een

Post by Een »

e1q3z9c7 wrote:He use another account "tomislavy" did the same thing again. Sorry about what he has done.
This player has been banned now. Thanks for fixing up the translations quickly.

Return to “Translations”