Problems by translate from german to turkish

Türkçe çeviri
Mysterion10

Problems by translate from german to turkish

Post by Mysterion10 »

I translate a lot of text from german to turkish.
Sometimes i got a error and i dont know why. I know, to put the special signs in some examples. Thats not the problem.
This is one of them:

"Wichtig: Wenn du provoziert/beleidigt wurdest, dann ist der andere Spieler auch bestraft worden, wenn du ihn/sie gemeldet hast. In so einer Situation musst du uns den provozierenden Spieler MELDEN. Du darfst NIE auf Provokationen/Beleidigungen reagieren, weil wir beide Spieler bestrafen"

I am the only person, what translate in turkish at this time.
If you not solves this problem then Boardgamearena never expand to the turkish users.

Greetings
Een

Re: Problems by translate from german to turkish

Post by Een »

Hello,
Thanks for working on the Turkish translation!

I checked the string you mention, and the trouble is with the number of lines (there is a message explaining it). You must have the same number of lines as the original string, and in the original string there is an extra empty line at the bottom. So when you translate you must also add an empty line at the bottom.

I'll check if I can change that but for now the easiest is just to add an empty line, and your translation will be saved.
Mysterion10

Post by Mysterion10 »

@Een

This German string are not correct.
"Engagieren Sie sich in Provokation / Triumph / Defätismus... alles, was nicht fair ist."

Translate: Engage in provocation/victory/defeatism... All, what is not fair.

Is this a auto translate? If not, ban the user, what translate this string.

The fails and the problems by this translation:
1. Wrong words,
2. Wrong syntax,
3. Wrong context,
4.Without a feeling for the German language
5. The second sentence means the complete contrary to the first, the negate in german is different. If you not build a very complicated ( multi clause sentence for example ) sentence, you got a lot of problem, when you negate by the end of the sentence in german language.
6. What means with victory? Kingmaking?
7. To translate defeatism to Defätismus, is a horror... I bet 95% of all german speechers, dont know, what is Defätismus.

Greetings, Mysterion :)
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks, I have contacted that user, who is probably using some auto translate, to remind him that players should only translate in their native language for a correct result.
Mysterion10

Post by Mysterion10 »

@Een
Thanks for the feedback.
I need your help :)
I need more context, for that string.

German version:
Der Tisch <a href="/#!table?table=${table_id}">${game_name_displayed} n°${table_id}</a> ist beendet
English Version.
Table <a href="/#!table?table=${table_id}">${game_name_displayed} #${table_id}</a> has ended

Generally context is newsfeed:
Can you show me the link, then i know, what they mean with them.
I need this, because turkish is a Agglutinative language and maybe i must interpret the text different.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agglutinative_language
Een

Post by Een »

This string appears on the notifications page https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!playernotif
For example:
tableended.png
tableended.png (27.34 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Also, you may be interested in the news I just published about the translation system viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13506, especially the second item about automatic translations. Does it help you if I prioritize adding a first default translation into Turkish so that you just have to proofread and improve rather than do all the translations from scratch?

Thanks for your work on the Turkish translation!
Mysterion10

Post by Mysterion10 »

Thanks for showing the example. Now i know how i translate this string.
Also, you may be interested in the news I just published about the translation system viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13506, especially the second item about automatic translations. Does it help you if I prioritize adding a first default translation into Turkish so that you just have to proofread and improve rather than do all the translations from scratch?
Sure, i can help.
Mysterion10

Post by Mysterion10 »

@Een
Its not looking good. I was search to the last site, to look the oldest translates.
The half of them are wrong :|
15-20 of them i change. Today i cant because i am under 80% Karma ( i ragequit a game :P )
Een

Post by Een »

Mysterion10 wrote:@Een
Its not looking good. I was search to the last site, to look the oldest translates.
The half of them are wrong :|
15-20 of them i change.
In which language?
Mysterion10 wrote:Today i cant because i am under 80% Karma ( i ragequit a game :P )
Please don't do that :P :D
Mysterion10

Post by Mysterion10 »

@een
In which language?
I translate only from german to turkish. Okay yesterday i change some translates in news sector, but that was a existing string and i make only a ideal definition in german language. My english is to bad, to translate, its makes no sense and its wrong when i would translate string from english or other language, what i not speak good. My english is ridicolous :lol:

Return to “Türkçe - tr”