Fixing Validated Translations: new process!

BGA localization discussions
Liallan

Re: Fixing Validated Translations: new process!

Post by Liallan »

I'm now getting a very strong message about not changing anything that would change the meaning, and to report that in the bugs instead. Except I'm not finding any real option to do that.

First, it's requiring a game table number, and since it's a translation issue, a game table is not relevant. (Meaning that is kind of wasting time having to hunt down a game.) And while I see options about translations, I see nothing that is appropriate for this kind of thing. People might be more likely to do this if it were easier to do.

This post is because of this other post over here, and someone else can take care of it:
https://boardgamearena.com/#!forum/post ... 54&t=13642
kejdovski

Post by kejdovski »

There are some Croatian and lazy Serbian players who did just copy/paste without thinking or making an effort to do the translation correctly and now we can't change it because all those translations are validated.... :?: :?: :?: :| :| :| :|
gwaedin

Post by gwaedin »

Hi,
just noticed a couple of typos in the Italian translation of Terra Mystica but I cannot fix them myself.
- Engineers description: it should say "Ingegneri" e non "Ingegnieri" (very common mistakes kids do at school ;D)
- Chaos Magicians description: it should be "Caos" and not "Coas"
Een

Post by Een »

gwaedin wrote: 28 September 2019, 21:54 Hi,
just noticed a couple of typos in the Italian translation of Terra Mystica but I cannot fix them myself.
- Engineers description: it should say "Ingegneri" e non "Ingegnieri" (very common mistakes kids do at school ;D)
- Chaos Magicians description: it should be "Caos" and not "Coas"
Fixed, thanks for reporting this.
Evreka

Post by Evreka »

I am currently translating to another language and I noticed a typo in the English original. Is there a process for that or should I just pretend I didn't see it as it is not vital for the understanding?

In context newreport, apparently the text is "Please enter the link to the table with the innapropriate description" I think it should have had just one N.
Een

Post by Een »

Evreka wrote: 22 December 2019, 07:30 I am currently translating to another language and I noticed a typo in the English original. Is there a process for that or should I just pretend I didn't see it as it is not vital for the understanding?

In context newreport, apparently the text is "Please enter the link to the table with the innapropriate description" I think it should have had just one N.
Hello, you can choose "English" for the destination language when translating, and in that case you can request a change to the original string with a comment.
Machtige Henk

Post by Machtige Henk »

Hi all, I found some Dutch validated translation mistakes in Puerto Rico, but unfortunately I cannot correct them yet since I'm still too new to Boardgamearena. Is there any other way to report mistakes or suggest corrections? For now, I just cannot stop being annoyed by (for example) "Nee, ik ben OK". :lol: (Which is, obviously for native Dutch speakers, a too literal word-for-word translation.)
Sandoval

Post by Sandoval »

Machtige Henk wrote: 08 April 2020, 20:51 Hi all, I found some Dutch validated translation mistakes in Puerto Rico, but unfortunately I cannot correct them yet since I'm still too new to Boardgamearena. Is there any other way to report mistakes or suggest corrections? For now, I just cannot stop being annoyed by (for example) "Nee, ik ben OK". :lol: (Which is, obviously for native Dutch speakers, a too literal word-for-word translation.)
Please make a new separate thread about this and say exactly what incorrect sentences there are currently and what they should look like instead. Thanks
AnnickW

Post by AnnickW »

Sandoval wrote: 21 May 2020, 13:02
Machtige Henk wrote: 08 April 2020, 20:51 Hi all, I found some Dutch validated translation mistakes in Puerto Rico, but unfortunately I cannot correct them yet since I'm still too new to Boardgamearena. Is there any other way to report mistakes or suggest corrections? For now, I just cannot stop being annoyed by (for example) "Nee, ik ben OK". :lol: (Which is, obviously for native Dutch speakers, a too literal word-for-word translation.)
Please make a new separate thread about this and say exactly what incorrect sentences there are currently and what they should look like instead. Thanks
I fixed the mistakes pointed out by Machtige Henk. ;) I also opened a central forum topic to discuss the Dutch translations. Any errors in validated Dutch strings can be mentioned there, too: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 11&t=15360

Return to “Translations”