Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Een »

CyclopB wrote:Hi

In Through the Ages, the leader card Rock & Roll Icon is translated into Chinese as 搖滾圖示, where 圖示 means a graphical figure. A better translation I think is 搖滾巨星, which carries the meaning of a star or idol.
This has been changed by a translator to 搖滾偶像 after your post. I assume this is correct, if not please tell me.
Een

Post by Een »

Sr Juancho wrote:Hi-

In the 7 wonders game the card "Lodge" has been erroneously translated to spanish as "lodge". That Word doesn´t exist in spanish and it should be translated as "Logia", but I can´t correct that as the translation has been fixed.

Thank you.

Regards.

Sr Juancho :ugeek:
Fixed, thanks!
Een

Post by Een »

Ubeike wrote:Hi!

I can't find how to translate again this sentence :
Image ("Le jeu a commencé dans 0 minutes").
In French, we say "il y a" and not "dans" in this case. The right sentence is "Le jeu a commencé il y a 0 minutes".

Thanks.
Hmm. That's actually a programming problem, not just a translation mistake. I'll look into it...

EDIT: en fait je viens de regarder et on a bien "Le jeu a commencé il y a 0 minutes". Je ne vois pas dans quel contexte vous avez eu autre chose. Le cas échéant, merci de préciser ou de faire une capture d'écran de la page complète.
Een

Post by Een »

Heisenberg85 wrote:Hi all!

There are some inaccuracies in the italian translation of 7 Wonders, but i can't fix them since I haven't 100 translations already done.
What should I do? Do I write the correct words here?

Thank you
Hello! I updated your account so that you can fix validated translations. Thanks for your help in improving the italian translation!
Een

Post by Een »

CyclopB wrote:Hi!

In Saboteur, the game option "Visible gold" is translated to Chinese as "可見的金礦", or Visible gold mine. The gold mine / goal card should not be visible of course! A more ideal translation is "可見的玩家金塊" (Visible player gold piece), or at least "可見的金塊" (Visible gold piece).
There are plenty of oddly translated strings. May I have access to modify them?
Hi CyclopB!
Fixed this one using your suggestion.
Also updated your account so that you can fix validated translation. Thanks for your help in improving the traditional Chinese translation!
hemme

Post by hemme »

The Italian game name "6... le prendi!" is wrong. In Italy the game was published by "Dal Negro" with the name "Sei ...prendi e perdi!" or simply "Sei".

For further references see, for example: https://www.amazon.it/Dal-Negro-53355-G ... B007N5WXMI
Etoclas

Re: Stone Age and Secret Moon fixes (2 words)

Post by Etoclas »

Een wrote:
Etoclas wrote:Hello,
I don't have the rights to translate an already validated translation so I ask here.

From English to ITALIAN

STONE AGE

"wood" should be "LEGNO" instead of "FORESTA" ("forest" - English).

SECRET MOON

"disrupt" should be "DISTURBA" instead of "DISGREGA" ("disintegrate" - English).

Thank you!!
Fixed, thanks for reporting these mistakes!
Thanks to you!
linboll

Post by linboll »

Hi, in the news of 7 Wonders (https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... 10&t=12849), there is an inaccurate validated translation:

In the sentence "we are passionate players providing a service for other passionate players", "players" was translated to "球员" in Chinese, which means "a player in a sports game, especially a game with balls like football or soccer". A proper translation would be "玩家", which means "a person who plays in a game".
Stardust2915

Post by Stardust2915 »

Hello sysop,

I played multiple games of Race for the galaxy (rftg) and found bunch of wrongly translated sentences.
For example, "three different kinds of goods" in "diversified economy" is translated as "three goods".
Even worse is that texts are already verified without any translation.
It would be great if you allow me to translate already verified sentences.

p.s. I also found few weird Korean sentences in other games (Seasons, Keyflower, etc.), but I don't remember exactly.

Thanks,
Sangwoo Ji.
Een

Post by Een »

linboll wrote:Hi, in the news of 7 Wonders (https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... 10&t=12849), there is an inaccurate validated translation:

In the sentence "we are passionate players providing a service for other passionate players", "players" was translated to "球员" in Chinese, which means "a player in a sports game, especially a game with balls like football or soccer". A proper translation would be "玩家", which means "a person who plays in a game".
Hey, I haven't been able to find that.
At both https://zh.boardgamearena.com/?findplay ... %20players and https://zh-cn.boardgamearena.com/?findp ... %20players I can't find any instance of "球员" in the translated text.

Return to “Translations”