Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
fackstrote

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by fackstrote »

Een wrote:
fackstrote wrote:Hi! How can I correct the translation produced by another person. There is a serious error!
Which translation? Please report game / language / original string / current wrong translation / new correct translation
Game - chess, Language - Russian, Original string 1 - "Castle c-side", current wrong translation - "левая ладья", new correct translation - "Длинная рокировка", Original string 2 - "Castle g-side", current wrong translation - "правая ладья", new correct translation - "Короткая рокировка".

this is important because the presentation is true only for white! For black will be the opposite and you can make a mistake because of this, making castling in the wrong direction!
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

fackstrote wrote:Game - chess, Language - Russian, Original string 1 - "Castle c-side", current wrong translation - "левая ладья", new correct translation - "Длинная рокировка", Original string 2 - "Castle g-side", current wrong translation - "правая ладья", new correct translation - "Короткая рокировка".

this is important because the presentation is true only for white! For black will be the opposite and you can make a mistake because of this, making castling in the wrong direction!
This is a bad suggestion. Those button strings are used for the Chess960 variant, so they have to refer to the C and G locations to make sense consistently.
fackstrote

Post by fackstrote »

N_Faker wrote:
fackstrote wrote:Game - chess, Language - Russian, Original string 1 - "Castle c-side", current wrong translation - "левая ладья", new correct translation - "Длинная рокировка", Original string 2 - "Castle g-side", current wrong translation - "правая ладья", new correct translation - "Короткая рокировка".

This is a bad suggestion. Those button strings are used for the Chess960 variant, so they have to refer to the C and G locations to make sense consistently.

Even in Fischer it is clear where there would be a short and long castling... But, OK, at least C and G. the main Thing-not "left rook" and "right rook", as it is done now! Because, for black it doesn't work exactly!
Rimlos

Post by Rimlos »

Innovation

${You} have at least twenty ${lightbulbs} translated to Russian as У ${You} не менее двадцати ${lightbulbs}.
Instead of двенадцати, it must be двадцати. Twenty means двадцать, while twelve means двенадцать.
Een

Post by Een »

Rimlos wrote:Innovation

${You} have at least twenty ${lightbulbs} translated to Russian as У ${You} не менее двадцати ${lightbulbs}.
Instead of двенадцати, it must be двадцати. Twenty means двадцать, while twelve means двенадцать.
Fixed, thanks!
fynjy

Post by fynjy »

Innovation, Russian

${I demand} you transfer a card with a ${icon_4} from your hand to my hand! If you do, unsplay that color of your cards!
translated to
${I demand} переместите с руки мне в руку карту, которая приносит ${icon_4}. Если сделали это, сдвиньте вверх свою стопку цвета перемещённой карты!

It should be, for example: ${I demand} переместите с руки мне в руку карту, которая приносит ${icon_4}. Если сделали это, уберите сдвиг у своей стопки цвета перемещённой карты!
Een

Post by Een »

fynjy wrote:Innovation, Russian

${I demand} you transfer a card with a ${icon_4} from your hand to my hand! If you do, unsplay that color of your cards!
translated to
${I demand} переместите с руки мне в руку карту, которая приносит ${icon_4}. Если сделали это, сдвиньте вверх свою стопку цвета перемещённой карты!

It should be, for example: ${I demand} переместите с руки мне в руку карту, которая приносит ${icon_4}. Если сделали это, уберите сдвиг у своей стопки цвета перемещённой карты!
Fixed, thanks!
fynjy

Post by fynjy »

Innovation, Russian

${player_name} unsplays his ${colored_cards}.
translated as
${player_name} сдвигает ${colored_cards}.

In this string "unsplays" translated as сдвигает ("splays"). This string should be ${player_name} убирает сдвиг ${colored_cards}.

${You} unsplay your ${colored_cards}.
translated as
${You} отменяете сдвиг ${colored_cards}.

This translate is correct, but "unsplay" translated differently from my translation (I have writen about one more string with "unsplay" in my last message). I propose this string to translate as ${You} убираете сдвиг ${colored_cards}.
fynjy

Post by fynjy »

Can you give me the rights to translate?
Een

Post by Een »

fynjy wrote:Can you give me the rights to translate?
Done. Thanks for your help improving the Russian translation!

Return to “Translations”