Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Een »

SpiderJacek wrote:
Een wrote:Hi SpiderJacek! I updated your account so that you can fix validated translations. Thanks for your help polishing the translations :)
Thx, but when trying to correct the translations a message appears: "Translation reverted to a previous translation from the translation history".
That's ok, it just means that someone translated it correctly in the past, then another one made a mistake, then you fixed it again. You can check the translation history to look at the log of previous translations.
SpiderJacek

Post by SpiderJacek »

Een wrote:That's ok, it just means that someone translated it correctly in the past, then another one made a mistake, then you fixed it again. You can check the translation history to look at the log of previous translations.
OK, fine then :) And when this translation will be applied?
Een

Post by Een »

SpiderJacek wrote:
Een wrote:That's ok, it just means that someone translated it correctly in the past, then another one made a mistake, then you fixed it again. You can check the translation history to look at the log of previous translations.
OK, fine then :) And when this translation will be applied?
Translation update once per day, around 8 AM Paris time.
Skarfacex

Post by Skarfacex »

Hello all, how can I change those permanent validated lines and strings? I translate to Dutch and German.

In Terra Mystica i.e. a lot of specific words or phrases are not correctly translated according to the official game rules.
Stronghold should be Burcht and not Bolwerk.
some phrases are translated litterary not telling the compleet story of the factions according to the official rule booklet in German and in Dutch, or it sounds funny and makes no sense at all reading it outloud.

In other games i see some dropdownmenu options are not translated correct. "Op" should be "Aan" (turning the option "On" and not turning the option on top of the game), or I see that the string is translated litterary so you see something like "[OP]" instead of the picture for "[VP]" (Victory Points).

Thanks.
Een

Post by Een »

Skarfacex wrote:Hello all, how can I change those permanent validated lines and strings? I translate to Dutch and German.

In Terra Mystica i.e. a lot of specific words or phrases are not correctly translated according to the official game rules.
Stronghold should be Burcht and not Bolwerk.
some phrases are translated litterary not telling the compleet story of the factions according to the official rule booklet in German and in Dutch, or it sounds funny and makes no sense at all reading it outloud.

In other games i see some dropdownmenu options are not translated correct. "Op" should be "Aan" (turning the option "On" and not turning the option on top of the game), or I see that the string is translated litterary so you see something like "[OP]" instead of the picture for "[VP]" (Victory Points).

Thanks.
Hi Skarfacex, I updated your account so that you can fix validated strings. Thanks for your help in improving translations!
CyclopB

Post by CyclopB »

Hi

In Through the Ages, the leader card Rock & Roll Icon is translated into Chinese as 搖滾圖示, where 圖示 means a graphical figure. A better translation I think is 搖滾巨星, which carries the meaning of a star or idol.
Sr Juancho

Post by Sr Juancho »

Hi-

In the 7 wonders game the card "Lodge" has been erroneously translated to spanish as "lodge". That Word doesn´t exist in spanish and it should be translated as "Logia", but I can´t correct that as the translation has been fixed.

Thank you.

Regards.

Sr Juancho :ugeek:
Ubeike

Post by Ubeike »

Hi!

I can't find how to translate again this sentence :
Image ("Le jeu a commencé dans 0 minutes").
In French, we say "il y a" and not "dans" in this case. The right sentence is "Le jeu a commencé il y a 0 minutes".

Thanks.
Heisenberg85

Post by Heisenberg85 »

Hi all!

There are some inaccuracies in the italian translation of 7 Wonders, but i can't fix them since I haven't 100 translations already done.
What should I do? Do I write the correct words here?

Thank you
CyclopB

Post by CyclopB »

Hi!

In Saboteur, the game option "Visible gold" is translated to Chinese as "可見的金礦", or Visible gold mine. The gold mine / goal card should not be visible of course! A more ideal translation is "可見的玩家金塊" (Visible player gold piece), or at least "可見的金塊" (Visible gold piece).
There are plenty of oddly translated strings. May I have access to modify them?

Return to “Translations”