that could be also condidered fixing validated translations
Cheers...
Morgalad

Developer of: Incan Gold , Takara Island , Taluva and Veggie Garden
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Een »

Hi Morgalad,

Yes, but that proposals falls pretty much into what I was telling yuiop about the translator community for a language: this use of "charlar" should be discussed and agreed on by people interested in the Spanish translations (among which of course, are translators with more than 100 validated strings who can change validated strings if needed).

Your post in the forum should get you some answers (maybe?). Also, you could create a forum thread dedicated to discussing the Spanish translation in general (see for example the thread "Japanese Translation- 日本語訳"), and/or contact Spanish translators from the team page https://boardgamearena.com/#!team
Morgalad

Post by Morgalad »

Een wrote: Your post in the forum should get you some answers (maybe?). Also, you could create a forum thread dedicated to discussing the Spanish translation in general (see for example the thread "Japanese Translation- 日本語訳"), and/or contact Spanish translators from the team page https://boardgamearena.com/#!team
Could you please indicate me who has permissions and I´ll discuss 8-) this with him. The "official" translator for Spanish in the team page seems to be inactive (>2years without a post or a game played)
Cheers...
Morgalad

Developer of: Incan Gold , Takara Island , Taluva and Veggie Garden
LeColonel

Keyflower

Post by LeColonel »

Hello Een,

Hello, I found a mistake in the french translation of turn order tiles:

English rule says:
In the game end scoring the owner of each tile gets 1 point for each other tile that the turn order tile is connected to.

French rule says (RIGHT):
Lors du décompte, le propriétaire de chaque tuile remporte 1 point pour chaque tuile qui entoure sa/ses tuile(s) Ordre du Tour

French translation in BGA says (WRONG):
A la fin de l'hiver, peut être ajouté au village du joueur, en payant 1 point de victoire pour chaque tuile adjacente.
Een

Post by Een »

@Morgalad: well there is a lot more than just one translator for Spanish listed on the team page. Searching for "Español" with your browser should allow you to find them easily.

@LeColonel: hello, can you report strings to be changed with the following information? "game / language / English string / current translation / correct translation" (allright I guessed that this is Keyflower, but not sure exactly what change needs to be made and if the error is in the translation or maybe the source string. Thanks!
xomi

Post by xomi »

Hi, i found a mistake at the Saboteur translation to spanish.

The string that says

"${player_name} repairs ${dest_player_name}`s ${tool_type_tr} ${repair_method}"

is translated as

"${player_name} repara el ${tool_type_tr} de ${dest_player_name} ${repair_method}".

When the tool being fixed is the lamp, this is female gender in spanish, and "el" is male article.

The best solution should be using a neutral word, such as "tool" ("herramienta"), so I suggest this translation:

"${player_name} repara la herramienta ${tool_type_tr} de ${dest_player_name} ${repair_method}".

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by xomi on 30 January 2017, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
xomi

Post by xomi »

Two more mistraslations in Saboteur - Spanish.

Original: "A blue digger found the treasure: the blue team wins this round!"
Translated: "Un buscador de oro azul encontró el tesoro: ¡Ganó o equipo azul!"
Correct translation: "Un buscador de oro azul encontró el tesoro: ¡Ganó el equipo azul!"

And

Original: "A green digger found the treasure: the green team wins this round!"
Translated: "Un buscador de oro verde encontró el tesoro: ¡Ganó o equipo verde!"
Correct translation: "Un buscador de oro verde encontró el tesoro: ¡Ganó el equipo verde!"

Thanks!
xomi

Post by xomi »

I've found some more mistakes in spanish translation of Saboteur. Should I post then all here?
Een

Post by Een »

Hi xomi,
If there are multiple translations to fix, it's easier if you can change them directly.
I updated your account so that you can fix mistakes in validated strings. Thanks for your help in improving the Spanish translations!

Return to “Translations”