Fixing Validated Translations

BGA localization discussions
Een

Re: Fixing Validated Translations

Post by Een »

Ethanpku wrote: Hello, as a Chinese player, i found some mistakes in the validated translations. As an example, many words in Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese are not exactly the same, but some words in the SC translation are 'rashly' copied from TC translation. I have translated hundreds of strings for the wonderful site, so could you please give me the right to change validated translation?
Hello, I updated your account, you should now be able to make changes to validated translations.
Thanks for your help!
Ethanpku wrote: Another question:many board games now have official Chinese version,i wonder if i should change some translation into official Chinese version's? or keep them as what they have been for a long time?
Players may have gotten used to the current wording if it has been available for a long time.
So I think it's best to leave it as it is, except if the translation of the official version is really better.
Ethanpku

Post by Ethanpku »

Thank you very much!:)
zowieso

Post by zowieso »

In the game Race for The Galaxy the validated translatian for "${actplayer} may choose an Orb exploration team to move." consists of only two words, And I've spotted other poorly translated sentences too in this game. Could you translate this one to " ${actplayer} mag een Orb verkenningsteam kiezen om te verplaatsen."
If possible, I'd fix other validated sentences too.
Een

Post by Een »

zowieso wrote:In the game Race for The Galaxy the validated translatian for "${actplayer} may choose an Orb exploration team to move." consists of only two words, And I've spotted other poorly translated sentences too in this game. Could you translate this one to " ${actplayer} mag een Orb verkenningsteam kiezen om te verplaatsen."
If possible, I'd fix other validated sentences too.
Hi zowieso, I updated your account so that you can fix validated translations.
Thanks for your help in making the translations better!
gwaedin

Post by gwaedin »

Hi guys!
There is a mispelling in the Italian translation.
Whenever the waiting window for non-club members shows up, its says "il gioco COMINCIERÀ presto" (the game will begin shortly).
That's an error, the correct spelling is "COMINCERÀ" (without the "I").
As this shows up quite often, I thought it would make sense to let you know - actually I wonder how it hasn't been noticed before! :roll:
All the best
Luca
Een

Post by Een »

gwaedin wrote:Hi guys!
There is a mispelling in the Italian translation.
Whenever the waiting window for non-club members shows up, its says "il gioco COMINCIERÀ presto" (the game will begin shortly).
That's an error, the correct spelling is "COMINCERÀ" (without the "I").
As this shows up quite often, I thought it would make sense to let you know - actually I wonder how it hasn't been noticed before! :roll:
All the best
Luca
Fixed, grazie Luca! :)
MapleFall

Post by MapleFall »

Greetings, Een!

I have noticed a translation error in the traditional Chinese translation of Tash-Kalar (not before causing me to lose the game =( )

the card in question is Snow Monster

"Destroy each common enemy piece that is within distance 2 of the Snow Monster and adjacent to at least one of your pieces."

The translation now is
"破壞每一個距離Snow Monster二以內且至少與一個你的旗子相鄰的敵方棋子"

which did not mention that the enemy pieces destroy must be common
I propose a change to the following

"破壞每一個距離Snow Monster二以內且至少與一個你的旗子相鄰的敵方普通棋子"

Thank you in advance ;)
Een

Post by Een »

MapleFall wrote: I propose a change to the following

"破壞每一個距離Snow Monster二以內且至少與一個你的旗子相鄰的敵方普通棋子"

Thank you in advance ;)
Done! Thanks for improving this translation for the next players to use this card :)
fmoraes

Post by fmoraes »

Hi! Race for the Galaxy > Galactic Power Brokers card:
"Draw 2 card(s)" should be "Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card". I could not find that string with the "Find string" function.

Also, I think I saw other cards that fail to mention the discard, but I don't quite remember. Imperium Fuel Depot and Information Hub are candidates. All 3 are from Brink of War expansion.

I found pictures of those cards here: http://racepics.weihwa.com/bow.html

Een

Post by Een »

fmoraes wrote:Hi! Race for the Galaxy > Galactic Power Brokers card:
"Draw 2 card(s)" should be "Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card". I could not find that string with the "Find string" function.

Also, I think I saw other cards that fail to mention the discard, but I don't quite remember. Imperium Fuel Depot and Information Hub are candidates. All 3 are from Brink of War expansion.

I found pictures of those cards here: http://racepics.weihwa.com/bow.html

Hi! If the string is missing we can't fix it in the translation system directly. You should report it in the bugs section for RFTG with the "missing string" category so that the developer can check and add it.

Return to “Translations”