Missing strings

BGA localization discussions
Een

Missing strings

Post by Een »

This thread is for reporting missing strings (strings that are not available for translation in the translation center, and thus always appear in English) in the main site or in games.

This is usually an oversight from the developer, who forgot to mark the string as translatable. Once it has been spotted, it's easy to fix (well, most of the time...)

EDIT: this thread is now closed, please use the bug report tool instead: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs with the "missing translation" category.
Addict

Re: Missing strings

Post by Addict »

What about french traduction for Hawaii, please?

[Admin inline reply / 20170406] -> French translation is now available.
vonHell

Post by vonHell »

1) Niagara
String: Rainy
Technically it is up for translation, but it always appears in English

2) Gear and Piston:
String: <span style="font-weight: bold; color:#${playerColor}">You</span> must choose where to pick a Junk Part tile from
and <span style="font-weight: bold; color:#${playerColor}">${playerName}</span> must choose where to pick a Junk Part tile from

Both these strings appear twice in translation, they're also always displayed in English in the game.

[Admin inline reply / 20170406] -> 1) Niagara: fixed. 2) Gear and Piston: programming problem, not easy to fix. To submit as a "Missing translation" bug so that the specific developer for this game can review his code on this.
jatubio

Post by jatubio »

Hello:

There are some strings that are not translated into the game screen.:

The remaining time under the banner of each player, appears in English: "xx days".

When a player was kicked out of the game, the text that appears below his name appears in English: (This player has left (or has been expelled from) the game)

On the log of the game, the tooltip text: "Replay game from this point".

Thnks ;)

[Admin inline reply / 20170406] -> "xx days": checked and ok now; "This player has left (or has been expelled from) the game": fixed this messages and (lots of) others of the same type; "Replay game from this point": checked and ok now.
Last edited by jatubio on 08 October 2014, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
jatubio

Post by jatubio »

vonHell wrote:1) Niagara
String: Rainy
Technically it is up for translation, but it always appears in English
The same for strings:
My hand
My choice
Recover a canoe for one gem

[Admin inline reply / 20170406] -> "My hand": checked and ok now; "My choice": checked and ok now; "Recover a canoe for one gem": fixed.
jatubio

Post by jatubio »

On playing game screeen.
Tooltip text: "Replay game from this point"
Tooltip text: "Only BGA club members can see ranking of standard users. click to see why you should join the club"
The new replay button on log: "Replay last moves"

[Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed following a previous post.

Machiavelli game log: "plays"

[Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> checked and ok now.

8 Masters Revenge:
- Card Text: Effect: switch [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.
- Card Text: Effect: trap [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.
- Card Text: Effect: empower [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.
- Heroes tooltip text: "When you put a card in play...." and in the same tooltip text, text about special powers.
- Log: "¡dumpil copia 'trap' efecto!" [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.
- Log: jatubio usó una técnica de dragón para contraatacar con la carta yellow 5 - 2 [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> programming problem, not easy to fix. To submit as a "Missing translation" bug so that the specific developer for this game can review his code on this.
- Log: dumpil usó una técnica de dragón para contraatacar con la carta red 2 - 1 [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> programming problem, not easy to fix. To submit as a "Missing translation" bug so that the specific developer for this game can review his code on this.
- Log: qwertasdfg quita una ficha damage en juego [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.
- End of the game: WINNER Master Of Physical Combat "You win the fight, you are the best master among the masters !" GAME OVER [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.

Through Of The Ages:
- Some card subtitles: "Event, Wonder, Leader, (Artillery), Bonus, (Farm), (Mine),(Lab), (Temple),(Library),(Infantry),(Cavalry),(Tactics)

[Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.

Hive:
- Log: "Mueve un/una Mosquito como un/una Soldier Ant"

Twin Twin Bots:
- (First Player) [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed.
- (Instant win: 10 points) [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> checked and ok now.
- Log: Your new order: Forward then Load [Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> checked and ok now.

Libertalia:
- Surgeon: Tú tienes que recuperar un personaje de tu cementerio

Tournay:
Log: "Elan draws top level II militar card Fuerte"
Log: El evento Batalla de Courtrai se vuelve mas fuerte and is applied 2 time(s) to everyone

Last edited by jatubio on 01 November 2014, 12:26, edited 9 times in total.
Tejo

Post by Tejo »

Hi.
Into the statistics for the game Hive, I suppose 2 strings are missing. The missing strings are:
"Number of pillbugs played" and
"Number of pillbug moves", they both miss from the translation page, and into the tab of the statistics there are 2 times the strings
"Number of mosquitos played" and
"Number of mosquito moves".

Also into the translation page there aren't these strings about the pillbug statistics.

[Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> there was actually a bug impacting translation for all the game statistics labels. This bug will be fixed with the next site version (update: version deployed).
Sawyer Einherjar

Post by Sawyer Einherjar »

8 masters' revenge

${player_name} beweegt een ${token_type} in het spel

this string leads to a sentence with a english word --> ${token_type} -> damage. (i don't know to how many different tokens it refers but i think it will always be the same kind, which we translated to 'Schadefiche' in Dutch)
in a second string tried to solve with

${token_type}fiche but it still remains damagefiche where damage should have been schade.

[Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed following Jatubio's post

The string Damage is correctly translated to Schade.

An old bug report of mine
Libertalia http://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=499 (also said partly by Jatubio)

[Admin inline reply / 20170407] -> fixed following Jatubio's post

Cheers,
sawyer
jatubio

Post by jatubio »

Koryŏ:

Left corner: "Money left in Bank"
Left corner: "Turn x/y"
In the upper and middle of the screen: "My hand"

Tzolkin:
Game Log: "xxxx toma una loseta de wood"
Game Log: "xxxx avanza un nivel de Agriculture"

qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

For the string "Display this page in %s"

the value for %s is missing for translations.

So we need a string "English" and maybe other languages as well

Return to “Translations”