Missing strings

BGA localization discussions
Phelan

Re: Missing strings

Post by Phelan »

For Go, I noticed a "LB_GAME_RESULT" string in the Statistics part of the game result that doesn't seem to be in the translation system.
You can see it by replaying a Go game till the end.

[Admin inline reply 20170407] -> checked and ok now.
diamant

Post by diamant »

TOBAGO - traduction en français
Les couleurs affectées aux trésors (gris, marron, noir et blanc) ne sont pas traduites dans le journal de la partie en cours n° 27488547 (les 3 joueurs ont joué une carte indice, et le journal a rapporté à chaque fois "trésor black"), alors que les chaînes correspondantes sont traduites en français depuis longtemps.
De plus, quand je revois une ancienne partie telle que la n° 27141881, les couleurs sont correctement traduites dans le journal de la partie.

[Admin inline reply 20170407] -> les paramètres substitués n'étaient plus traduits dans les logs après un rafraîchissement de page ou en tour par tour ; ce bug sera corrigé dans la prochaine version du site (mise à jour : version déployée).
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Sorry for double posting, but i have missed this place for my report:
Missing strings for tiki :
lose a fruit
wins a fruit

[Admin inline reply 20170412] -> fixed.
Wakan Tanka

Post by Wakan Tanka »

There are many missing strings in Celestia:

1. Three game buttons ("Positive!", "Negative..." and "Maybe?"). [Admin inline reply 20170412] -> checked and ok now.
2. "Treasures (0)" on the main board. [Admin inline reply 20170412] -> checked and ok now.
3. Bubble messages shouted by players. [Admin inline reply 20170412] -> fixed.
4. Cards descriptions (when mouse cursor hovers over them). [Admin inline reply 20170412] -> checked and ok now.
5. Names of the challenges on the dice ("lightening", "pirates", "birds", "cloud", "blank"). [Admin inline reply 20170412] -> fixed.

These I've noticed so far.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Wakan Tanka wrote:There are many missing strings in Celestia:

1. Three game buttons ("Positive!", "Negative..." and "Maybe?").
2. "Treasures (0)" on the main board.
3. Bubble messages shouted by players.
4. Cards descriptions (when mouse cursor hovers over them).
5. Names of the challenges on the dice ("lightening", "pirates", "birds", "cloud", "blank").

These I've noticed so far.
More in Celestia :
1. "Location" and "Treasures" under the players' names ; [Admin inline reply 20170412] -> checked and ok now.
2. "A new journey begins" and "You got a cloud card" (and the same for the other cards) in the log. [Admin inline reply 20170412] -> fixed.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

In the English Backgammon it says "joureur suivant" ("next player" according to the google translator), i.e. it's in French in the English version of the game. I can't find it doing the English to English. Also couldn't find "next player." And I even tried French to English.

Not sure why it's in French. Isn't everything done in English first? It's not important to the game, but it annoys us OCD people. :D (And I assume will also make it difficult to translate to other languages.)

[Admin inline reply 20170411] -> that string had been hardcoded in French by the developer. It has been fixed now.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Bubblee Pop
==========
Lors de l'affichage des résultats de la partie, toutes les statistiques depuis < Red Bubblee scored > jusqu'à < Yellow powers used > ne sont pas traduites.

[Admin inline reply 20170411] -> il s'agissait d'un problème générique à présent corrigé. La correction sera déployée avec la prochaine version du site (mise à jour : version déployée).

De plus, < Yellow Bubblee scored > apparaît deux fois, alors que < Black Bubblee scored > est manquant. La chaîne < Black Bubblee scored > n'est pas proposée à la traduction.

[Admin inline reply 20170411] -> corrigé.
Een

Post by Een »

All the posts in this thread have now been reviewed! (finally... that was quite a job...)

And it appears that it's not efficient for admins to review this, since most of the time it's a problem in the game code that will be more easily fixed by the developer.

So we have added a "missing string" category when doing a bug report. That way, the developers will get missing strings as bug reports too.

And so this thread is now closed, please use the bug report tool instead: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs

Return to “Translations”