Identifying the round

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
kayrun

Identifying the round

Post by kayrun »

re: Colt Express
I'm having trouble keeping up with which round we are in (especially in turn-based games)
I don't see any place on the screen identifying this, either around the board graphics or in the sidebar where game moves are recorded.

So far I have checked the percentage of game progress in the upper left corner to help me keep track --
Just wondered if I am missing seeing where the Round # is located....
Thx
Quinarbre

Re: Identifying the round

Post by Quinarbre »

Just count how many cards are left in the pile of round cards (they're slightly shifted so that you can get that information more easily).
kayrun

Post by kayrun »

will try that -- thanks!
Lemminkainen

Post by Lemminkainen »

The game always has 5 rounds (4 green or 4 tan cards (2-4, and 5-6 players respectively) plus 1 dark brown).

Each game ends on a dark brown card which has an end-game variable which is necessarily different from those in the regular rounds. Most of the regular rounds (green or tan cards) also have different variables which occur at the end of that round. Not all rounds, usually 1 per game, but sometimes 2 depending on the shuffle, will have an ending variable, but one thing to keep in mind is that they will never repeat. For example you will never get "Angry Marshal" and "Swing Arm" twice in the same game.

As others have mentioned, they are shifted slightly to let you know how many rounds remain. How many you've already played is somewhat moot.
kayrun

Post by kayrun »

Thank you so much! I had not noticed the colors of the cards in the stack -- that will definitely help me keep track.
scrooks

Post by scrooks »

Yup, new player here and I didn't notice the stack of cards I could count either. Just to be clear, it might worthwhile to put "1st round", "2nd round" … "Last round" underneath perhaps? It's hard to design for players who know the game and those who are old hands, I know!

Return to “Colt Express”