Midnight Murder Mysteries: looking for a developer

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
MulEdAl

Midnight Murder Mysteries: looking for a developer

Post by MulEdAl » 28 August 2020, 09:41

Hello everyone,

I’m Alain Luttringer, a French board game publisher (Multifaces Editions: https://www.multifaces-editions.com/) and author. Our competitive crime board game Midnight Murder Mysteries was launched in France in 2017 following a crowd-funding campaign under the name “Minuit, Meurtre en Mer”. In 2018 an Italian edition was released. An expansion complemented the French version game with improved rules and new stories in 2019.

The English & Spanish (2d Edition) of the game will be proposed soon: KS campaign launch on the 20.10.2020. We also plan to have a booth in the coming Digital Essen Fair. This is the version (English 2d Edition) we are interested in hosting on Board Game arena (with 3 to 5 cases only).

In Midnight Murder Mysteries, you and your fellow private detectives are aboard a majestic cruise ship when the lifeless body of the luxury suite’ occupant is found. The prime suspects are the twelve occupants of the VIP cabins on the upper deck. They are the only ones who could have had access. Midnight Murder Mysteries takes you on an unpredictable voyage, in which you must try to reconstruct the circumstances of the alleged crime. Once the ship has docked or after another detective discloses what they have found you will have to answer three questions: who is the Murderer?, what was their Motive?, by what Means did the victim die?

Multifaces Editions grants Board Game Arena a non-exclusive license to develop and host an adaptation of Midnight Murder Mysteries (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/316 ... nd-edition) on the website https://boardgamearena.com. The game will be made publicly available online only after getting approval from Multifaces Editions through Mr/Mrs Alain Luttringer (contact@multifaces-editions.com). For the purpose of adapting the game, graphic material can be requested from Mr/Mrs Alain Luttringer in order to be provided to volunteer developers on the BGA Studio platform.

So, guys, if interested in making this adaptation, please let us know ;)
Last edited by MulEdAl on 29 August 2020, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

tsaunat

Re: Midnight Murder Mysteries: looking for a developer

Post by tsaunat » 29 August 2020, 01:00

This type of game is my favorite, but does it make sense to make a story game with a fixed number of plays on this type of platform?

MulEdAl

Post by MulEdAl » 29 August 2020, 18:34

Nice to hear you like this type of game, Tsaunat. Are you a BGA developer yourself?

Yes, we thought it could make sense to use a platform like BGA to offer to discover this detective game for free with a fixed number of cases. 3 to 5 cases (depending on the feasability, required time, availability of the developper, etc.) seems enough to have a good taste of this board game through a different media. We can always see later, depending on the interest for a BGA version of this game, if can study more options.

tsaunat

Post by tsaunat » 08 September 2020, 23:29

yes, I am a BGA developer, and I'd love to work on such a game, but I'm not certain I have the availability. How complex is the game?

MulEdAl

Post by MulEdAl » 16 September 2020, 08:39

Hi Tsaunat,

I cannot really qualify the complexity of develloping such a game. You can have more info and a better idea by reading the Rules and aslo download our English Print 'N' Play (on the game's page on BoardGameGeek): https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/316 ... tion/files.

The project of a BGA adaptation is no more"urgent" because it's now impossible to get finshed in in time before our KS campaign launch and the Essen digital Fair (so a developper will have all the time needed).

Return to “Developers”