504 Gateway Timeout on Accessing Logs

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Grunt_the_Clever

504 Gateway Timeout on Accessing Logs

Post by Grunt_the_Clever »

Hi,

I am developing a game on BGA and I am trying to debug an error where my game doesn't move to the next state. However, when I click on the BGA Request & SQL Logs button to see the logs, I get a 504 Gateway Timeout error. https://studio.boardgamearena.com/1/thr ... 342#bottom (I'm not sure if this link will stay valid after the table closes).

Is this because there is an error on my side (say if I'm infinitely looping or something in the server)? Right before I can no longer access the logs, I get a message asking if I am connected to the server (this is while sending the move that should take me to the next state and is currently not, I'm sure from a logic error on my side). Prior to this, I can view the logs.

Or is this a studio side issue? I think I should be able to view the logs, even if my server code has an infinite loop or something, right? I cannot view the logs from other player's views after this point, either.

Thanks!
thoun

Re: 504 Gateway Timeout on Accessing Logs

Post by thoun »

I have a 504 today when accessing my games from Chrome, but not from Firefox. The studio server seems to have some problems (with cache if it works with another browser ?)
Grunt_the_Clever

Hmm, yeah, I am using Firefox. When I clear the cache and reload the logs page now, it did come up. However, I repro'd the issue, clicked on the logs page, it had the 504, I cleared the cache and it still had the 504. So I guess after waiting for 45 mins or so it let me in.
Een

Post by Een »

Should be better now. This process was still trying to get logs from a decommissioned server, hence the error. Sorry about that.
Grunt_the_Clever

Thanks for resolving this!
Grunt_the_Clever

Today the 504 error is back when I click the logs button (and refresh / clear the cache).

Edit: It seems resolved now.
Een

Post by Een »

If it happens again, can you give me a specific time, in order to check the logs?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Een wrote: 03 May 2021, 17:53 If it happens again, can you give me a specific time, in order to check the logs?
Just had one right now, between 13:01 and 13:02 on my local clock.
wolmot

Post by wolmot »

I am also seeing regular 504 Gateway Timeout exceptions, both on accessing logs but also during test games.
Just had several cases (15:15 - 15:25 CET)

Return to “Developers”