Custom Players Turn Order

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Victoria_La

Custom Players Turn Order

Post by Victoria_La »

In the game I develop turn order depends on the actions, not a natural turn order of the table.
Is there API to change turn order so activeNextPlayer() works properly or I have to create a custom table for that?

Thanks!
Wheeelos

Re: Custom Players Turn Order

Post by Wheeelos »

idem
Andy_K

Post by Andy_K »

You can maintain your own turn order logic and use

Code: Select all

$this->gamestate->changeActivePlayer( $player_id )
pikiou

Post by pikiou »

Indeed. And to fully answer the question, this is the only way to implement a custom turn order.
Peyo61

Post by Peyo61 »

Sorry to come late to the party, but I have the same issue and I'm new to developing here. So I need a little more help, and apologies in advance it those are obvious to all except me...

First:

concerning "$this->gamestate->changeActivePlayer( $player_id )", where should I code my "changeActivePlayer" method, simply in "mygame.game.php", inside my "mygame" class ? Then why not call "$this->changeActivePlayer()" (what is "gamestate" doing in there) ?

Then:

I need to randomize the first player at some key points in the game. Is there an API for this in the framework ? (since I assume the framework is doing the randomization for us at the start of the game, I thought maybe this service is available somewhere)

Thanks in advance,
Pierre
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
Peyo61 wrote:where should I code my "changeActivePlayer" method?
You don't have to code this, it's already a Studio Framework method. See http://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Main_g ... ve_players

(Regarding your second question, I don't know.)
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

Peyo61 wrote: First:

concerning "$this->gamestate->changeActivePlayer( $player_id )", where should I code my "changeActivePlayer" method, simply in "mygame.game.php", inside my "mygame" class ? Then why not call "$this->changeActivePlayer()" (what is "gamestate" doing in there) ?
$this->gamestate is another object which defines the method changeActivePlayer. $this->changeActivePlayer() is not defined. You can define it if you
want and call $this->gamestate->changeActivePlayer( $player_id ) in it
Peyo61 wrote: Then:

I need to randomize the first player at some key points in the game. Is there an API for this in the framework ? (since I assume the framework is doing the randomization for us at the start of the game, I thought maybe this service is available somewhere)
Php has shuffle function for an array http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_array_shuffle.asp
Put all your players in the array, shuffle it, then get [0] element.
Peyo61

Post by Peyo61 »

Thank you all !

Return to “Developers”