Find a develope partner

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
tinayamy

Find a develope partner

Post by tinayamy »

Hello,I'm a beginner to develope BGA game,
Can someone help me to develope the game-sleeping queens?
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/170 ... ing-queens
This is my first game,
I have struggled to build the game,
so I want to organize a team,
who has enough time and is interested,
Please comment :lol:
Help me become more acquainted with the framework and understand the system,
and I can build my own in the future.
Victoria_La

Re: Find a develope partner

Post by Victoria_La »

This is not very specific. If you have some trouble people here can help, answer your questions, point to wiki, look at the code, etc
So just ask a specific question.
tinayamy

Post by tinayamy »

I think this is a viable way,
I will set him as an administrator,
He will have the same authority as me,
develope this game together.
Anyone wants to help me??
I have finished most of it except the part of JS.
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

Don't set the other person as administrator, it will remove your permissions. You can set it as read only.
Studio is not setup to do concurrent development, only one person can really change code at a time.
If somebody will program for you, you won't learn anything either. You have to ask a specific question.
If you have trouble with English ask in your own language, some developer may know it and the rest can use translate functionality.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
I understand that someone beginning to code on BGA can need not only help for specific problems, but also more general advice. When I begun, it would have helped me to have advice on how to implement this or this, what consequences it would have on the future code, surely because I'm not a professional / experienced dev. I mean sometimes I was thinking of several ways to do something, but I couldn't figure out which would be the easiest for what I'd have to code later. (And it's still the case now, since I'm working on a more complex game. But I feel a bit more confident.) So some kind of partner or tutor could be useful.

I won't have time to develop your game with you, tinayamy (I don't have enough time to work on the game I really want to code :) ), but I could have time to read your code and give you advice on how to continue. I may not be the best person to do this, because I'm not very experienced in developing in general, but I know the BGA framework and have worked with it, and since you had no answer for this kind of help in a few days, my help will be better than nothing.

So if you want, you can set me as a read only member on your project. Victoria_La is right, don't set me as admin or read/write, because there's a bug in the bga studio, you will lose your write permissions, and you'll have to ask the admins to correct this manually. (Thinking of it, I'm not totally sure this bug is only when setting someone to admin or read/write, but you'll see, if you can't modify your files, just contact the admins.)
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

You can get your studio permissions back if you give yourself admin role again, but its a trouble.
Btw I also reply tinayamy's private message telling that I can help but she never contacted me or posted anything else.
I am more then happy to help, if anybody else stuck or need design advice, and you don't want to post here, message me directly
via real-time chat here or send offline message.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Victoria_La wrote:I am more then happy to help, if anybody else stuck or need design advice
Thanks for your offer :) I already knew that you or other people could help on specific problems or errors, when we're stuck, so I wouldn't have hesitated to ask on the forum for this kind of questions. But I have hesitated to ask advice on general code design, so now I know you're ok to help on this too, I'm sure I'll need your help some day!
tinayamy

Post by tinayamy »

Thanks~
I got it!
Only one person can be a administrator^^
I want to set someone to ''read'' my code,
but it shows an unexpected error: Bad argument type: developer should be a 30.
Why??What does it mean?My age?
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

Its probably some sort of error code. If you are trying to add me - my developer id is 'laskava' not Victoria_La (these id are different between bga itself and studio, which
is a bit confusing). If you tried to change permissions before it may be in bad state now as well and you have to contact admins to fix it.
tinayamy

Post by tinayamy »

Please help me!!
http://en.studio.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=9
Vote to this report to let this bug be investigated first.
I want to continue my game code soon!!

Return to “Developers”