Project Structure - proposal

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Victoria_La

Project Structure - proposal

Post by Victoria_La »

In general I like the project structure on BGA, exception it does not includes which is really bummer for large projects.
I propose to add few extensions and new rules

"modules" - allow this directory on top level, it can contain includes files for .php, .js and .css, files contained in this directory will be also published to production as part of game, if need be we can limit this to 20 files
"misc" - allow this directory on top level, it can contain any other source and text files which will be checked in in svn but won't be copied to production, it can contains notes, docs, tools, tests, data files, etc
- any other files or folder outside of structure won't be checked (but can be synced to staging as now)
"img" - limit number of image files to lets say 20 and lets size to 5mb each (or in 15 in total), that will force use of sprites and compression

Thoughts?
Een

Re: Project Structure - proposal

Post by Een »

Victoria_La wrote: "modules" - allow this directory on top level, it can contain includes files for .php, .js and .css, files contained in this directory will be also published to production as part of game, if need be we can limit this to 20 files
That should be ok for php.
For js/css, there is some minification things to check, so I'll leave that out for the moment.
Victoria_La wrote: "misc" - allow this directory on top level, it can contain any other source and text files which will be checked in in svn but won't be copied to production, it can contains notes, docs, tools, tests, data files, etc
Why not, with a max directory size (1 Mo).
Victoria_La wrote: "img" - limit number of image files to lets say 20 and lets size to 5mb each (or in 15 in total), that will force use of sprites and compression
Already done :)
Een

Re: Project Structure - proposal

Post by Een »

This structure is now available for new projects (ongoing projects can be updated upon request).

Return to “Developers”