Having trouble getting game into Preproduction

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
dhau

Having trouble getting game into Preproduction

Post by dhau »

Hi,

I've finished my first game in BGA Studio, have gone through the preproduction checklist and am trying to get to the next stage.

Within the Control Panel I've committed my code to source control and checking the commit log it appears I've got my latest version checked in:

Code: Select all

$ svn log /var/tournoi/games/battleforhilldhau 2>&1

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r22365 | bgastudio | 2017-07-27 14:52:35 +0200 (Thu, 27 Jul 2017) | 1 line

<, battleforhilldhau> Initial release
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r22360 | bgastudio | 2017-07-27 14:22:50 +0200 (Thu, 27 Jul 2017) | 1 line

<, battleforhilldhau> Zombie turns and stats
I've tried BUILD A NEW RELEASE VERSION multiple times, the log looks successful but I don't see any indication about what to do afterwards. There's no VERSIONS AVAILABLE FOR PRODUCTION listed (image attached).

Am I missing something that allows me to see the preproduction version? Or is there something else I'm supposed to do from here?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 5.55.44 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 5.55.44 pm.png (166.23 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
Een

Re: Having trouble getting game into Preproduction

Post by Een »

Hello,
Yes, moving a game from the studio to other environments needs action from the admins (the first time only, then updates can be done by the developers).
So the next step is asking for a review of your game by admins on the studio. I have put that in my list ;)
marcgenesis

Post by marcgenesis »

Hello dhau, congrats on finishing your first game!! This is an accomplishment you should be proud of :)

I took a look at your game, and I have a few suggestions.

First of all the cards are way too small. I would move the other player's information to the player panel, and have your cards take the entire space besides the battlefield. This way you would be able to use bigger cards. I would also use a HTML tooltip to display the card at a bigger size.

Speaking of bigger size, I would also display the cards on the battlefield at a bigger size. The information from the cards are too important to be this small.

It would also be easier if the battlefield was always shown from the same side, no matter which color you are playing. By this I mean that if I'm red, I play my cards from the bottom, if I'm blue, I still play my cards from the bottom. You would have to do some magic with the view.php and the .tpl file. Also I would rotate the other players' cards to be upside down, because honestly I don't care about the name, I care about which unit attacks where. This is especially important for the artillery that doesn't have a mirror pattern for its attack.

Lastly, make sure the cards are inside the "map_scrollable" div. Currently you cannot move the map around when you click on a card because they are in the "map_scrollable_oversurface".

Good job though! Easy to play, fast. I think BGA will enjoy it!
dhau

Post by dhau »

Thanks for the info @Een.

Thanks for the feedback @marcgenesis - all good suggestions. I'll work through them now

Return to “Developers”