Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Rudolf

WARNING: FAILED TO RETRIEVE DATAS FROM BGA PRE-PRODUCTION

Post by Rudolf »

Hi...
I have this message on studio:
WARNING: FAILED TO RETRIEVE DATAS FROM BGA PRE-PRODUCTION

seems there is a problem in preprod
since a few minutes, I have a big trouble...
I cannot deploy a new version in live.
(I just finished coding locker tokens)

(If this is a question of space, you can erase all previous versions... I've got backups)
Victoria_La

Re: WARNING: FAILED TO RETRIEVE DATAS FROM BGA PRE-PRODUCTION

Post by Victoria_La »

Preproduction server is down, it has to be re-built
Een

Post by Een »

Preproduction server has been shunted from the deploy process -> deploying from the studio is now possible again.
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Een, I didn't understand your reply. Are you saying there's no longer a separate server for pre-production? I have a new game ready to move to pre-prod for final testing/approval (should not be visible to all BGA users yet). In Studio, I see the options for both "build a new release version" and "deploy in production". What do I click?
Een

Post by Een »

quietmint wrote:Een, I didn't understand your reply. Are you saying there's no longer a separate server for pre-production? I have a new game ready to move to pre-prod for final testing/approval (should not be visible to all BGA users yet). In Studio, I see the options for both "build a new release version" and "deploy in production". What do I click?
Yes, for a while now we deploy directly to production in a "private" mode where only the players member of the private "<gamename> group" can see and play the game. So preproduction was mostly unused, and since it broke, as well simplify.
The first deploy to production has to be done by admins. I'll add something on the studio manage game page stating this, question comes up often.

Return to “Developers”