looking for a developer

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
ufoseeker

looking for a developer

Post by ufoseeker »

Hello everybody!

I've created a game and I'm currently seeking a developer to add it to the BGA games. Its names is "Hypnosia" and can be played by up to 6 players.
Basically, each player owns 4 pawns he must move on a circular pattern (by the means of 2 regular dices) in order to cross a sequence of concentric circles and finally to be the first to reach the center.
Only he 5 first pawns that reach the center will bring points to their owners: the 1st one gives 5 points, the 2nd one gives 4 points, (...) and the 5th gives only 1 point.
Pawns can "eat" pawns of an opponent. 2 pawns can also gather to create a "giant" pawn.
If someone is interested by this project, could you please contact me?

Many thanks for your attention...
ufoseeker

Re: looking for a developer

Post by ufoseeker »

Nobody interested? :shock:
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

As for me, I'm sorry but I'm not interested, because I don't have enough time to code the games that I know and that I love, so at the moment I won't spend time on a game that I don't know.
Other devs may have a similar answer, maybe that's why nobody answered you. (But it already happened that some devs here agreed to implement a game on a game creator's request, so someone might answer.)
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

This site mostly for existing published board games, not for prototypes. In rare case it would be a kickstarter game which has not been
published but they are trying to get money to publish it.
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Maybe the sandbox could have help you to create your game here, but no news since a long time.
ufoseeker

Post by ufoseeker »

Thank you for your answers ;)!
Vaporman87

Post by Vaporman87 »

The OP is a question that I myself had. I have a board game that I developed and published on The Game Crafter, but was looking for ways to take it online.

What if the developer was getting paid? I'm betting that would change things a bit.
fa81

Post by fa81 »

Vaporman87 wrote:What if the developer was getting paid? I'm betting that would change things a bit.
Probably. I can only speak for myself, and as a developer who's done only 1 game here so far. It was a hobby project for me, a "labour of love" so to speak. I'm also a professional software developer – in the sense that I get paid for it, not that I am particularly good at it ;)

The project took quite some time for me, especially since it was a learning experience for a big part. If I'd had to charge for this… this would have been pretty expensive. Not meant to discourage you, you probably have a better idea of business than I have.

But also: who would want to play your unpublished game on BGA? If you need an online environment for play testing, something sandboxy like Tabletopia may be more appropriate (and quicker to implement). People on BGA play games they already know and like for the most part.
ufoseeker

Post by ufoseeker »

Thank you for your answer!
About paiement, my idea was to establish a contract between the developer and myself, each of us earning 50% of the possible :?: royalties to come.
And about the sandbox... is it easy to use, even for someone like me that knows nothing in developing?

Once again, thank you ;)
ddyer

Post by ddyer »

ufoseeker wrote: About paiement, my idea was to establish a contract between the developer and myself, each of us earning 50% of the possible :?: royalties to come.
50% of nothing is nothing.

Sight unseen, you need to do your homework to develop your game before trying
to bring it online here or anywhere else. Make a web page with pictures, rules,
gameplay. Add the game to the Boardgamegeek database. Create a print-n-play
edition or a buyable version at thegamecrafter or a similar place. If you've
done these things and attracted a following, then you have a chance of getting
someone excited enough to create a digital version for you.

Return to “Developers”