Jeopardy!

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
mhochler

Jeopardy!

Post by mhochler »

A quick question for technical direction and to see if possible to do on this site -
I wrote a Java application to play Jeopardy! I used in class for midterm and final review
I wanted to adapt it to an Applet client to use outside of computer lab but Applets no longer supported
I want to use this site as a vehicle to set up a privileged player ( Game Admin ) as host ("Alex") to adjudicate answers and other players to be contestants. I would set up an SQL database with the questions and the game mechanics would allow proper player to select the question and then allow any player eligible to buzz in to answer. Then it would up to the host to indicate correct or incorrect. Could answer by chat but more likely all face to face in a conference room playing on their own mobile devices.
I am starting to review docs - is there a hook to identify the game starter/admin to make that player the host?
I am currently an OB Hospitalist and my new target audience are resident physicians and medical students. There are many other sites within the OB Hospitalist Group network that could integrate this "game" into their education programs as well.
Thanks, in advance, for any insights.
Victoria_La

Re: Jeopardy!

Post by Victoria_La »

Quick answer - this platform is probably not intended for this kind of games. This is really board-game platform and site. What
you trying to do it more a test for students, I don't think even if you do that you will be allowed to publish it here because it
does not really fit the profile. As technical difficulties goes - there is no database that persist from game to game, so
all your questions really should be in a flat file and if they are I don't even see a reason to load them in database.
You would not be able to use external database.
Also this site does not run java in any shape or form so it has be rewritten in php and JS.
I suggest to look for free educational sites instead.

Return to “Developers”