Dungeon Twister Bugs

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Pastachoco

Dungeon Twister Bugs

Post by Pastachoco »

Hi,

There are some bugs in this game (Dungeon Twister) that won't be fix despite the requests from many players (most of the bugs would come from the pits cases).
If the original dev is not around or don't have time is it possible to take a look ?

Thanks
tchobello

Re: Dungeon Twister Bugs

Post by tchobello »

Hello

I totally agree with you.

I'm a DT player (#4) and also can develop.
I've done some DT stuff in Python & i'm used to all the DT game tricks.

I can help you and the others interested in debugging (& more) if the original dev agrees.
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

Its says in credits "Developed by: Board Game Arena" means its done by original admins and its not on studio, and I think its premium,
so I don't think they will let you fix it. Python is not going to help, you need to know JS, PHP, SQL, HTML and CSS, but you can always start
practicing with studio
Pastachoco

Post by Pastachoco »

Okay, do you know someone I can contact for this request or to know more ? One of the original admin maybe ? I can handle these languages but it's useless if I can't see how it has been coded on this game in particular.

Thanks
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

Victoria_La wrote:Its says in credits "Developed by: Board Game Arena" means its done by original admins and its not on studio, and I think its premium,
so I don't think they will let you fix it. Python is not going to help, you need to know JS, PHP, SQL, HTML and CSS, but you can always start
practicing with studio
Well, I sometimes develop as a hobby in order to keep my mind busy.
I've done some stuff in many languages including ASM68000, C, Delphi, Pascal, Java, Javascript, PHP, mySQL...but at least a decade ago.
I've done some stuff about Dungeon Twister last year in Python.

I'm not a senior developer but I do know a bit about algorithmic.

DT bugs remains because not so many players play this game as it is really difficult to master and Greg prefers to spend his time on games with a lot more potential.
Anyway, they are really annoying.

I'ts not easy to implement because DT rules can be really tricky sometimes.
I offer to help, as a consultant, because I know a lot about this game and also how to resolve these bugs.

btw, I think Cyril Harper (arleq1) is the right person to do that, if he's still available.
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

Well as I said join studio, create account, go though Hearts tutorial, and if you end up with working game they may give you access to DT
http://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/How_to ... er_team%3F
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

I'll have a look at that. Thanks !

you seem to be quite involved in developing here. Congrats !!
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

I join, create account and start going through Hearts tuto !

I'm already stuck after modifying gamebox & publisher logos !
They don't refresh & i'm quite 100% sure i've updated them in winSCP

another issue : the game doesn't start (express start) with 4 dudes & always says there are not enough players !
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

For the game box image you must go to the control panel and hit the button at "Reload game box image" at the game entry.
I have often seen that sometimes the pictures don't show up immediately in all browsers, so you could check another one.
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

DrKarotte wrote:For the game box image you must go to the control panel and hit the button at "Reload game box image" at the game entry.
I have often seen that sometimes the pictures don't show up immediately in all browsers, so you could check another one.
yep, seems to be a refresh problem in chrome (even with ctrl F5).

need now to solve to 4 players problem.

Return to “Developers”