Started developing on BGA studio, ran into issues

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
nmego

Started developing on BGA studio, ran into issues

Post by nmego »

(I'm using WinSCP)

Everytime I try uploading/deleting/overwriting/creating a new file in the remote directory I get this error message:

---------------------------
Error
Cannot overwrite remote file '/gomoku/gomoku_gomoku.tpl'.

Press 'Delete' to delete the file and create new one instead of overwriting it.
Permission denied.
Error code: 3
Error message from server: Permission denied

Edit: I've tried using FileZilla and I get the same error message, it seems like something wrong with the server.
DrKarotte

Re: Started developing on BGA studio, ran into issues

Post by DrKarotte »

Did you create your own project?
nmego

Post by nmego »

not yet. I'm going by https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!doc/Fir ... BGA_Studio

I'm at this part:
----
Find your game in the 'PLAY NOW' section and create a table
Use the 'I want between X and X' players to tick down the maximum players number to the minimum
Click 'Express start': your game launches with the maximum number of players specified. It shows an empty canvas: in the game zone you just have a sentence 'This is your game interface. You can edit this HTML in your ".tpl" file.'.
Switch to your SFTP home folder, go into your game folder. Edit the game_game.tpl file, and change this sentence to 'Hey, this is my first game!', then save.
Go back to your browser and refresh, check that the game zone has updated.
---
I can't do the bolded part. and I don't think I can develop anything without being able to modify/create data.
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

You only get write access to your own projects, so you have to create your own project and then follow the steps as described. A new project is initialized as written (blank table with the text output).
nmego

Post by nmego »

Thanks, that clarified things up. But now I've ran into another problem:

Every time I make a new project and try to play its template in the "play now" menu (as indicated by the tutorial).

Well, I have to add it to my games first, but it gives me this error:

Code: Select all

Client error: TypeError: Error during callback from url /gamelobby/gamelobby/wannaplay.html. dom.byId(...) is null. During /gamelobby/gamelobby/wannaplay.html Received: {"status":1,"data":"ok"}
Then I tried to open its game page and got this error:

Code: Select all

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred...

Game not found

#0 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-180702-1015/www/view/common/website.view.php(62): view_mainsite_gamepanel->build_page(Array)
#1 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-180702-1015/www/view/common/ebg.view.php(23): website_view->generate_content(Array)
#2 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-180702-1015/www/include/webActionCore.inc.php(229): ebg_view->generate(Array)
#3 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-180702-1015/www/index.php(157): launchWebAction('gamepanel', 'action_gamepane...', '__default', false, false, NULL, true, false)
#4 {main}
Is there's a waiting period before I can start experimenting on the games (templates)? I can fiddle around with the source files but without seeing the output this won't be completely accurate.
-----------------------------------------------------
Edit: One other thing,

While I was trying to bypass this, I created a couple of games and experimented to see if I'd be able to bypass this. then I went and deleted a couple of them. but I still see them in my SFTP folder. and I can't delete them from there. Why is that? and is it possible to completely delete them (to save space and clutter).
-----------------------------------------------------
Second Edit: Now I can play the game I've just made. there appears to be a waiting period after all. But I'm not sure how that works.
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

I saw this one time, it has some weird delay between game creation and availability. It resolved itself the next day I could play it.
What is the game name?

Regarding deleted game you see them in remote folder?
nmego

Post by nmego »

Victoria_La wrote:I saw this one time, it has some weird delay between game creation and availability. It resolved itself the next day I could play it.
What is the game name?
tutorialreversinmego, it is available now and I'm tinkering around.
Victoria_La wrote:Regarding deleted game you see them in remote folder?
Yeah.
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

Could not find tutorialreversinmego, but there is
reversitutorialnmego
and its working more less

Regarding removal have to wait until admin reads this...
nmego

Post by nmego »

well I did make both of them and deleted one so I probably mentioned the wrong one.

I didn't know deletion would be much of an issue and would require contacting an admin etc.. I think that would cause me to be more mindful of what projects I'm gonna create next on. (thought it would limit the room of experimentation a ll bit)
Een

Post by Een »

Actually delete is just a logical delete and the project can be recreated later, so I hadn't removed the files from the sftp folder of the project members.
But it's actually unclear, so better to remove the folder to make it clean. I updated that.

You can delete it again from http://studio.boardgamearena.com/#!stud ... OJECT_NAME> and then it should be good.

Return to “Developers”