Sandbox: How to test against real players

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
HQ063

Sandbox: How to test against real players

Post by HQ063 »

Hi, I have a question regarding sandbox games.

How can I play a test game against another person? I loged in to both my Gonzalo0 and Gonzalo1 accounts for trying to create a test table, but the Gonzalo1 account is unable to see the sandbox game (or tables) I created with Gonzalo0 account

Thanks!
Een

Re: Sandbox: How to test against real players

Post by Een »

Hi, sandbox testing is done by using the "Run a test session" menu in the "Manage project" tab.
(the game will launch with as many users as selected for the player configuration in the "Interface view" tab, and then you can open the tab matching other users by clicking on the red arrow at the right of their names in the player panels on the right)
HQ063

Post by HQ063 »

I know that way, but that means I must do all the testing alone... I have the game almost ready with all the rules enforced and only waiting por design improvements, but I would like to playtest on a real scenario with real people that can find bugs that I missed...
Een

Post by Een »

Ok. Games created with the sandbox are 'private' which means that to be able to test them users need to be in the 'gamename players' group.
With your dev user, search for the game on the games page and access the page about the game. You will see a label "Important: only member of the group gamename players can see and play this game". You can click on "gamename players" to access the group, and as an admin, invite other accounts to test with them.
HQ063

Post by HQ063 »

Excellent, thanks!! That is exactly what I was looking for :)

Return to “Developers”