[Sandbox] Visibility parameter "Everyone, but hide what's inside"

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Kurokawai

[Sandbox] Visibility parameter "Everyone, but hide what's inside"

Post by Kurokawai »

Hi everyone,
I am developing a deck building game with bga Sandbox tool.

I have a problem while using the visibility parameter "Everyone, but hide what's inside". When I try to move a card from a zone visible for everyone to a zone that hides what's inside, the card does not move.
I don't think that the problem comes from my script since if I change the destination zone to another that everyone can see, then the card moves.

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?
I use this visibility parameter to "destroy" a card after specific actions, would you have alternative ways to do that?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: [Sandbox] Visibility parameter "Everyone, but hide what's inside"

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

I suggest you to use a hidden zone to discard the card.

The visibility "everyone, but hide what's inside" has been designed for "bag" game elements, when you have to see the bag and interact with it, but not what's inside.

Hope this helps.
Kurokawai

Post by Kurokawai »

Thanks for your help sourisdudesert.
I tried your method by using hide this element when the number of player is.. but now I have this error when I try to move a card in this zone: "target element does not exist".
Kurokawai

Post by Kurokawai »

I have managed to solve my problem using a zone with visibility "everyone, but hide what's inside" and bga.removeElement.
It forces me to make multiple copies of the same card instead of re-using one but it works.

Return to “Developers”