Develop AI code to host BGA Robot

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Woodruff

Develop AI code to host BGA Robot

Post by Woodruff »

Hi everybody,

I see there is a functionality on BGA to summon the IA nicknamed "BGA Robot" at Can't Stop.

I am curious, say I have developed the game X. Is there a way to write a piece of code dedicated on actions that an AI would take? And this way make my game X available to invite the BGA Robot to play with me/us?

If it is possible, I assume it is like writing the zombie dedicated functions, but adding a true AI logic more or less complete (just instead of making a zombie which generally sole action is to pass). The key difference is that it would not only be called when a player leaves the game. Put differently, it would be developing the behaviour of BGA Robot for this game.

Does the framework permit that? (I have not checked the code for Can't Stop yet to see if this is allowed and implemented at this level)

My question is not about the way to effectively write that AI, this is up to the developer and his skill, I was just wondering on how connect this to the framework to make that functionality available (even if the AI I would create is totally nuts...).

Woodruff
Victoria_La

Re: Develop AI code to host BGA Robot

Post by Victoria_La »

I asked this question few years ago (you can lookup in the forum whatadmin answered) but basically answer is no.
They did not some hack for can't stop and studio devs cannot really do that. Talk to Een,

Return to “Developers”