missing gamename.inc.php

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
braindeaf

missing gamename.inc.php

Post by braindeaf » 13 July 2020, 21:12

I wonder if anyone can give me any assistance, I've just started my first project. I went straight in and clone Russian Railroads to just check out the code. I'm a Ruby developer, but I dabbled with PHP about 15 years ago so I just wanted to learn by poking stuff with a stick as see what happens. I've got my cloned game and downloaded it to take a look.

Firstly, it doesn't seem complete. The image assets seem to be incomplete, ie. there's a main board, but no player boards, no engineers or spritemap which is what I was expecting. Oh, well I thought I'd just kick a game login as a test user and see what happens.

Code: Select all

Unexpected error: Wrong formatted data from BGA gameserver 1 (method: createGame): JSON_ERROR_SYNTAX
Warning: require_once(/var/www/tournoi/include/Rrr.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200713-1615-gs/www/index.php on line 101

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/tournoi/include/Rrr.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200713-1615-gs/www/index.php on line 101
I'm getting this, I can't see an include directory and I can't see an Rrr.inc.php file either. What am I missing? Any ideas? If I need to go read something because I missed something of course that's fine. Or is the cloning process missing something?

Many many thanks, it's really weird being an absolute noob at a new platform (to me anyway), I think I like it.

Cheers

RobL

Tisaac

Re: missing gamename.inc.php

Post by Tisaac » 13 July 2020, 21:22

Hi !
It's probably some renaming that want wrong. Search for the initial name of the project in the folder and make sure there are no more references to that part.

braindeaf

Post by braindeaf » 13 July 2020, 21:38

I can't seem to see what I'm looking for. The original project is Russian Railroads and I create RRR. So I'm expecting to find that Rrr.inc.php somewhere.
Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 21.38.07.png
Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 21.38.07.png (69.14 KiB) Viewed 27751 times

Brainchild

Post by Brainchild » 13 July 2020, 23:41

Russian Railroads is quite a complicated project and I believe it has pre-build scripts associated with it. I know I at least saw some generated code last time I looked.

Concerning the missing images they may have been stripped out for copyright reasons.

In general I use the clone project feature to look at the code, but not run it.

Finally, when you create a project clone please name it something with your username to differentiate it from the official one. You can see your rrr projects now appear in the list of all Studio projects.

https://studio.boardgamearena.com/projects

You should also enter a BGG ID of 0 when you clone to hide them from that list.

Een

Post by Een » 14 July 2020, 08:43

Creating a new project from another is based on the default BGA project template. Projects that don't match this standard may be broken or incomplete.

On the manage game page for your project, you now have a new "Overwrite project feature" which is more apt to get a proper clone for non-standard projects. Cloning at game creation will be disabled with a next release as it seems to create more trouble than anything else from devs discovering the studio and starting by cloning a non-standard project.

Also, if you just want to look at a project code, you should not create a new project, but just get a readonly copy from the code from the "projects" page. That's much lighter on the studio ressources, and you won't leave an abandoned project behind once you get 'real' with your own project.

braindeaf

Post by braindeaf » 14 July 2020, 14:56

I actually wanted to tackle the bounty for ..Not requiring passing when no actions are available... which seemed like a fun idea because it' annoys me to :) I'll take a look at those other actions on the project page. Thank you all.

braindeaf

Post by braindeaf » 14 July 2020, 16:53

Couldn't see the "Overwrite project feature" anywhere, is this only available to some users?

Een

Post by Een » 14 July 2020, 17:11

braindeaf wrote:
14 July 2020, 16:53
Couldn't see the "Overwrite project feature" anywhere, is this only available to some users?
It should be visible at the bottom of the "source version control" block, on any project for which you have administrator rights (so on any project you have created).

braindeaf

Post by braindeaf » 15 July 2020, 08:43

Thank you I see it now. That option didn't seem to work, it complained that the Game status didn't match. Decided to delete RRR and RRRR projects and start again just in case I did something wrong in the first place. Now you can't create a new game from an existing template, in face you can't create one at all now. I guess the platform is in flux and I should probably just come back in a month and try again.

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred...

Failed to get mandatory argument: fromgamename

#0 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200714-1801/www/action/admin/studio.action.php(1108): APP_Action->getArg('fromgamename', 30, true)
#1 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200714-1801/www/include/webActionCore.inc.php(135): action_studio->newproject()
#2 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200714-1801/www/index.php(230): launchWebAction('admin', 'action_studio', 'newproject', false, false, NULL, true, false)
#3 {main}

Een

Post by Een » 15 July 2020, 10:03

braindeaf wrote:
15 July 2020, 08:43
Thank you I see it now. That option didn't seem to work, it complained that the Game status didn't match. Decided to delete RRR and RRRR projects and start again just in case I did something wrong in the first place. Now you can't create a new game from an existing template, in face you can't create one at all now. I guess the platform is in flux and I should probably just come back in a month and try again.

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred...

Failed to get mandatory argument: fromgamename

#0 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200714-1801/www/action/admin/studio.action.php(1108): APP_Action->getArg('fromgamename', 30, true)
#1 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200714-1801/www/include/webActionCore.inc.php(135): action_studio->newproject()
#2 /var/tournoi/release/tournoi-200714-1801/www/index.php(230): launchWebAction('admin', 'action_studio', 'newproject', false, false, NULL, true, false)
#3 {main}
That was a mistake on my part when removing the cloning function from project creation. Fixed now.

If you still get an error about game status please let me know which project you are trying to overwrite so that I can take a look.

Return to “Developers”