Love Letter a la Z-Man games in BGA?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
AlexBoston

Love Letter a la Z-Man games in BGA?

Post by AlexBoston »

Will the Z-Man games version of Love Letter (21 cards, with Spy and Chancellor added to the original deck; up to 6 players) ever be added to BGA? If so, when?
RicarcdoTerminado

Re: Love Letter a la Z-Man games in BGA?

Post by RicarcdoTerminado »

I would be interested in this as well!
toastses

Post by toastses »

I much prefer the Z-Man version for 5-6 players vs the >4 player version on BGA currently. It flows a lot better and is less confusing.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Hi!

Since LL have been developed by the BGA staff directly, unfortunately I think this would take a bit while before it is (if ever) published.
Because they have lots of things to do in many fields for the website :D

I would be happy to learn the main differences with the current version though; I know that LL have many variations to handle game with more than 5 players.
Another solution would be to find a benevolant developer who would be willing to develop such expansion starting with the current code...

Cheers :)

Woodruff
voriki

Post by voriki »

I would love it if they added Lovecraft Letter and Love Letter: Infinity Gauntlet. It would take a while to implement as it is a new game mechanic to add.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Woodruff wrote: 22 June 2020, 19:37 I would be happy to learn the main differences with the current version though; I know that LL have many variations to handle game with more than 5 players.
Another solution would be to find a benevolant developer who would be willing to develop such expansion starting with the current code...
https://imgur.com/a/eKiBfcC
King, Countess and Princess +1 to their value.
5 extra cards
- 2 chancellors(value 6) added, Draw and Return 2 cards
- 1 extra Guard, but not sure if it still has to be a non-guard card or not
- 2 Spies, Gain an extra favor/point if no one else played a spy
Seems very easy to program in.
hondjuh

Post by hondjuh »

Upvote for this
LambdaBG

Post by LambdaBG »

Woodruff wrote: 22 June 2020, 19:37 Hi!

Since LL have been developed by the BGA staff directly, unfortunately I think this would take a bit while before it is (if ever) published.

I would be happy to learn the main differences with the current version though; I know that LL have many variations to handle game with more than 5 players.

Woodruff
Hi, i would like to bring many Z-man card games into the site, including variants of LL. I would like to know where would i get assets/resources from? and where can i find the "boilerplate" code that you mention of (could do it from scratch if needed be)

I know bGa needs licensing for the games so I wouldn't really rush it but I can do it if you're out of hands.
ufm

Post by ufm »

LambdaBG wrote: 16 June 2021, 19:43
Woodruff wrote: 22 June 2020, 19:37 Hi!

Woodruff
Hi, i would like to bring many Z-man card games into the site, including variants of LL. I would like to know where would i get assets/resources from? and where can i find the "boilerplate" code that you mention of (could do it from scratch if needed be)

I know bGa needs licensing for the games so I wouldn't really rush it but I can do it if you're out of hands.
https://studio.boardgamearena.com/

Return to “Love Letter”