Strategy Guide for Incan Gold

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Daggerheart

Strategy Guide for Incan Gold

Post by Daggerheart »

Link deleted
Last edited by Daggerheart on 17 August 2020, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
Morgalad

Re: Strategy Guide for Incan Gold

Post by Morgalad »

Nice!!!!

Just one thing, as mentioned before there are several variants of the deck, the Euro version ( aka Diamant), the USA version, the Asian version and the Australian version, some have a 17 gems cards etc... the maths vary slightly but may worth to mention it in you guide.

As game developer of this game at BGA I choosed to create a "balanced mix" of all the variants for the online version so I guess this is a 5th variant.
Cheers...
Morgalad

Developer of: Incan Gold , Takara Island , Taluva and Veggie Garden
Daggerheart

Post by Daggerheart »

Morgalad wrote:Nice!!!!

Just one thing, as mentioned before there are several variants of the deck, the Euro version ( aka Diamant), the USA version, the Asian version and the Australian version, some have a 17 gems cards etc... the maths vary slightly but may worth to mention it in you guide.

As game developer of this game at BGA I choosed to create a "balanced mix" of all the variants for the online version so I guess this is a 5th variant.
So what is the balance between hazard and "gemcards" (non gold item) in the version used at BGA? How many gemcards? and 3 of each Hazard yes?
Morgalad

Post by Morgalad »

in the online version the deck is this:

$GemcardValues = array( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9,11,13,14,15);
$GemCardAmount = array( 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1);

(1 card of 1 gem value, 1 card of 2 gems value, ... , 2 cards of 5 gems value... etc)

Hazzard cards 15 cards of 5 types, 3 of each type

Golden Artifacts 5 cards : 1 of each type

The deck in round 1 only has 1 artifact, and 1 artifact is added on each round.

(another thing to calculate is that drawn artifacts are not shufled back in the deck... they are picked by the explorers or lost in the temple)
Cheers...
Morgalad

Developer of: Incan Gold , Takara Island , Taluva and Veggie Garden
MPH10

Post by MPH10 »

I just had a game where we had 4 of the same hazard in a set of 5 cards.

End of round: 2 walls
Next round: wall, gem, wall.

This wouldn;t happen in a real game, so how is the bga version coded?
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

MPH10 wrote: 12 November 2020, 19:43 I just had a game where we had 4 of the same hazard in a set of 5 cards.

End of round: 2 walls
Next round: wall, gem, wall.

This wouldn;t happen in a real game, so how is the bga version coded?
Why do you think that this wouldn't happen in a real game? Initially, there are 3 wall cards in the deck and only one gets discarded between "End of round" and "Next round" in your example. Ergo 2 wall cards left in the deck.
MPH10

Post by MPH10 »

dschingis27 wrote: 12 November 2020, 23:00 there are 3 wall cards in the deck and only one gets discarded between "End of round" and "Next round"
Oh ok, I thought that all quest cards get placed in a secondary pile until the quest cards run out and you reshuffle them.

Return to “Incan Gold”