Discount on cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
nandblock

Discount on cards?

Post by nandblock »

I'm not clear how to tell from a card how much of a discount it gives you if you discard it when recruiting. The info should be on the back of the card, but that doesn't seem to be displayed? Am I missing something?
Raal

Re: Discount on cards?

Post by Raal »

The discount is certainly displayed on the backside of the card, but it is the number of equipment equal to the recruitment cost.
It seems not necessary.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Ah ok--I was not clear that it was ALWAYS equipment, not furs.
Chuck Henebry

Post by Chuck Henebry »

The Board Game Arena implementation is missing this crucial info, printed on the back side of the physical cards.

Might someone alter the code of the game, so as to include the Recruitment Discount in the text that's made visible when we mouseover each card? Ideally, that might read: "Recruitment discount (used when discarding this card to buy a different one): 1 Equipment" or similar.
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

I have the same question. Also, I don't understand Raal's answer: "[the discount] is the number of equipment equal to the recruitment cost". I do not have the physical game so I can't look at the back of a card, but the rule book makes it sound like the RECRUITMENT DISCOUNT varies from card to card. It states that this DISCOUNT is printed on the back of the card. Raal's answer makes it sound, though, as though the discount is always the recruitment cost (in equipment). If that was the case then yes, it wouldn't (and couldn't) be printed on the back of the card.

I think this is still a valid question and the issue has not been addressed yet. I'll check to see if anybody posted a suggestion in the forum for suggestions.
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

Ah - somebody on a different post cleared up the question. The Recruitment Discount on the back of a card is the same as the strength on the front of that card. I updated the wiki (on the game page) so that will hopefully help for people who have the same question in the future.

Return to “Lewis & Clark”