Doubts about end of the game conditions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
jtil

Doubts about end of the game conditions

Post by jtil »

I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not, because the rules can be interpreted in different ways.

According to the rules end of the game starts when one of the 3 decks is empty. During the game I took the last purple (Objective) card. This action initiated the end of the game but since I had 3 purple cards in my hand, I had to put one back. So, at the end of my turn the purple deck wasn't empty, which is a game end condition.
https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=8589

I'm aggree with Wakan Tanka
In my opinion, the deck is not empty because I just "borrow" some cards before to replace it in the deck.

It's not a big deal and I will deal with it if nothing change but I'm curious :
Is it possible to the community of boardgamearena to discuss about some rule detail and to make it change ?
Chris T

Re: Doubts about end of the game conditions

Post by Chris T »

it was weird to me too :)
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
greffzion wrote:I'm curious :
Is it possible to the community of boardgamearena to discuss about some rule detail and to make it change ?
BGA's policy is to follow the official rules. I couldn't find anything about this in the FAQ, but the admins said so several times in the forum, and in the developers documentation. So changes in the rules are not possible, except if the implementation doesn't comply with the official rules, or if the variant is approved by the game creators / editors.

You could first look for some Origin rules faq to see if this point is mentioned. Then, if you want to discuss this point with other players, it's possible here, but you'll have more opinions on forums with more visitors (like boardgamegeek.com, or trictrac.net in french).
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

Dear Origin players, few people raised question about end of game condition involving drawing cards and returning some. In original implementation as
soon you draw last card, even if you return some cards after, it will trigger end of game, which seems not very logical. So I asked a question on bgg forum and get
an official answer that that condition is evaluated after card has been returned, so it is changed as of now according to corrected rule.

The game ends when one (or several) elements are exhausted... The player who took the last element of one of these categories starts the end of the
game. In case of three cards’ decks the condition is evaluated after cards have been returned to deck (if draw conditions required return).

Return to “Origin”