Feature: Undo Button Before Game State Changes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
le7337

Feature: Undo Button Before Game State Changes

Post by le7337 »

It would be nice to have an "Undo" button for the times when you click the wrong card.

This button would remain an option until the game state actually changes:
- Cards Drawn, Melded, Scored, Transferred, Splayed, etc
Woodruff

Re: Feature: Undo Button Before Game State Changes

Post by Woodruff »

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.
That would be an useful feature for some situations indeed. The trouble is that all the game logic is based on transfering cards one-by-one. So anytime you click on a card, you change state. Moreover, for few dogma, clicking of a card are further implications than just transfering it so you get information you would not have if you haven't done that move in the first place.
So making an unrolling mechanism would be super-hard...

Bye!

Tcheby
bondim

Post by bondim »

Hi
In response to the previous post:
I see that this question keeps coming up. I think I understand what you mean by saying that some information is revealed only after a card is played. However, would it be possible to consider a Cancel feature? That is if I selected a card, but not played it - not being forced doing that, and cancelling the selection?

Thank you
pv666

Post by pv666 »

But then you would have to confirm every move you make. I see why you'd want that: misclicks etc but it would probably make the game
less fluid.
normative

Post by normative »

I don't know, how much less "fluid" would it really make it if cards were visibly highlighted on single-click and activated on double-click? That's how plenty of software already works, and it would add no real delay at all in the case of deliberate moves. But it would also drastically reduce frustrating misplays, especially for folks playing on tablets & touchscreens, where it's awfully easy to accidentally trigger a card while attempting to scroll.
Kuma74

Post by Kuma74 »

Precisely the information listed in this last response.
Accidentally melded a card, on Mobile, and there is no way to undo :c.

If a single undo is proving tricky: a restart turn, that resets to the game state at start of a player's turn, could be an option.

Game's great, but humans are fallible and benefit from ways to declare "oops!"
OzLefty76

Post by OzLefty76 »

normative wrote: 01 July 2020, 19:55 I don't know, how much less "fluid" would it really make it if cards were visibly highlighted on single-click and activated on double-click? That's how plenty of software already works, and it would add no real delay at all in the case of deliberate moves. But it would also drastically reduce frustrating misplays, especially for folks playing on tablets & touchscreens, where it's awfully easy to accidentally trigger a card while attempting to scroll.
THIS
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

The upcoming release adds game preferences to add confirmation buttons for meld/dogma actions. It's currently in alpha.
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

Micah Stairs wrote: 30 June 2022, 12:21 The upcoming release adds game preferences to add confirmation buttons for meld/dogma actions. It's currently in alpha.
Did this ever get released because it seems to me that a confirm/undo option is still not available and i agree it's needed before meld and dogma actions.

It's also frustrating when, particularly in turn based games, you get told it's your turn and select what you think is a card to play as your move only to find it was choosing a card to give to the opponent. Could this can't be highlighted better on desktop similar to how it appears in the mobile version with the cards moved to a pop-out box with a different background, or else highlighted somehow so it's clear what's going on?
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

Yeah that's been released for a while. Please check your personal game preferences while in a game of innovation.

And we also do distinguish that as well. It's highlighted red if you are selecting it as part of a dogma, and blue if it's a normal meld/dogma at the start of your action.

Return to “Innovation”