Can I splay a single card right ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
vigorousRoll

Can I splay a single card right ?

Post by vigorousRoll »

I'd be doing it to achieve Wonder.

I've seen it done on this site via Flight. In Game #38076924, the player in question's board was vacant of yellow. On Move 142, he melded Antibiotics (yellow) and then on Move 145, he activates the dogma of Flight to splay this single card up and achieve Wonder and win the game. When he clicked on Flight, the narrow white action window above his tableau offered the option to "Splay your yellow cards up" highlighted in blue.

But it's my recollection that I had tried this "trick" a few weeks ago to splay a color (with a single card) right and was not given the option to do so in the Action Window. I looked through another game on here just as an example and in #38559224 at Move 20, a player activates the dogma of Philosophy with two green cards and a single red and a single purple on his board and the only two options that pop up highlighted in blue in the Action Window are "Splay your green cards left" and "Pass".

So why was the first player offered the option to splay his single yellow card up while the second player could only splay left his green ?
(could it be because a Special Achievement was at stake in the first example or perhaps the option to splay a singleton color only pops up when all your other colors are splayed ?)

I ask because if i can't repeat what the first player was able to accomplish (I'd be using Metric System instead of Flight), then I'll take a different path in one of my current games.

Thanks !
N_Faker

Re: Can I splay a single card right ?

Post by N_Faker »

You need a stack of 2 or more cards to splay them.

Anything else is a bug.
Woodruff

Re: Can I splay a single card right ?

Post by Woodruff »

Hi,

That's seems to be a bug with the replay only.
Ian27 melded Statistics (through the dogma of Expermentation) before Antibiotics, so he has in fact two cards when he executes Aviation (you can see his symbols' count change too).
The replay does not show the meld of Statistics because it's buggy somehow (another type of bug: scored cards are never removed from the score pile when they do in reality), I really don't know how to handle that, sorry for that.

When you play (either in real time or turn-by-turn), you see the correct behavour, that's the most important thing. Rules are not broken: it is not possible to splay an empty or a one-card pile.

Thanks and have fun!

Tcheby

Return to “Innovation”