Season 3 Arena Settings

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
CHTennis

Re: Season 3 Arena Settings

Post by CHTennis »

I vote for option A
ljazz7

Post by ljazz7 »

Any format that gives us a different map would be great. Would prefer to sit on one map for the duration of a season, but would like to see landscapes both on and off on maps other than the base map.
AssortedNeedles

Post by AssortedNeedles »

I would love to see other maps in arena for more variation. Having a random map out of the base map, Fire&Ice and Loon Lakes would be very cool.

The arena would then be quite similar to most quicksearch options in RTS games, for example Starcraft. These games also have a random map generated each game , but often allow you to veto 1 out of the N maps there are. With 1 veto on 3 maps it shouldn't impede queue times to much with 4 players, although having no veto available would be fine too for me personally.

Landscapes I think every other season sounds good. I think I then might like 1 "classic" season sprinkled in, base map, no landscapes. We would then get something like:

Random Maps, landscapes ON
Random Maps, landscapes OFF
Base map, landscapes OFF (classic)
Old_Pepikos

Post by Old_Pepikos »

I like the Idea of Assortedneedles!
Ranior

Post by Ranior »

Thanks so much for listening to this feedback! It looks like season 4 is going to be played on the Fire and Ice map. :D
HellslayeR

Post by HellslayeR »

Well as for me i got enough of Fire and Ice map. It is almost impossible to win on this board with a few factions like Dwarves without their landscape. It is pretty much almost impossible to connect. So for the rest of the season thank you but i skip arena.
Last edited by HellslayeR on 14 January 2021, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Swistakk

Post by Swistakk »

There is no such thing as "impossible to win with faction X, because reasons" with auctions (as long as nobody else in front of you in auction bids down the best faction from 30 to 0 vp and wins with it afterwards before you even get to bid at all, but I presume this is extremely unlikely). If you think that some faction is worse, because reasons, just bid on other faction and express your opinions through their valuation during the auction
firexed

Post by firexed »

HellslayeR wrote: 13 January 2021, 17:34 Well as for me i got enough of Fire and Ice map. It is almost impossible to win on this board with a few factions like Dwarves without their landscape. It is pretty much almost impossible to connect. So for the rest of the season thank you but i skip arena.
Impossible for dwarves to win on F&I against experts ? No way - See https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=138870604 . Connection isn't everything. there are other ways for dwarves to score - towns, cults, tunnelling etc

Return to “Terra Mystica”