Color Blind Mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
thenneKP

Color Blind Mode

Post by thenneKP »

Is it possible to get a color blind mode for this game? I can suffer my way through most games with red green combinations and similar shades, but this game is very difficult.
Een

Re: Color Blind Mode

Post by Een »

We adapt the game with the graphical elements from the box game.
It seems to me that the patterns on the terrains and cult board should allow to distinguish between colors.
So the only thing that could be confusing with colors seems to me to be the cult tokens positioning on the cult track. Correct? If so, I suppose I could add something to distinguish them, such as a letter.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

I think the problem would be the red and green hexes would look the same. One answer could be to have one with a much different pattern. The cults are difficult to see anyway. If the center was white, it would be easier to see. There is a lot of red on red, blue on blue, grey on grey in this game without a contrasting background.
stephenhurn

Post by stephenhurn »

The brown and red in this game are utterly awful for a red-green colourblind person to tell apart. I can barely tell them apart in the physical game and in the bga version I simply can't do it. I played a 3 player game this evening and had one amorphous red/brown blob as an opponent.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

What might help would be, if there was a setup where you could exclude a couple colors
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

How about using downsized Faction portrait tokens instead of the colored cylinders, as markers?
Victoria_La

Post by Victoria_La »

There is a feature that bga did few years ago where you can override the game style sheet with your own. If it still available its possible
to change appearance of meeples/tokens/cubes by tweaking the stylesheet. (And you can also do it in the browser itself)
If this is really important for many people I can look into that

Return to “Terra Mystica”