Interpreting "Faction" Statistics

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Frangio

Interpreting "Faction" Statistics

Post by Frangio »

When analyzing my statistics at Terra Mystica I don't understand what does the number associated with "Faction" actually mean (3rd row of the player profile table). My "avarage faction value" is 7.45, how should I interpret this result?

Thank you,
Francesco
N_Faker

Re: Interpreting "Faction" Statistics

Post by N_Faker »

The Faction stat is the Faction you use for the games. (i.e. Mermaids, Auren, Giants)

Each Faction is assigned a number which will display as the Faction name in the table stats.
The average therefor has no meaning.
Frangio

Post by Frangio »

So do you think it has no meaning at all? Why it is included in the table then? I see you have a 10, it means that you have always played the 10th faction (whichever it is)? I think it would be much more informative (and nice) to see the relative frequency with which each player picks each faction (adding 14 rows). I wonder why this information is omitted.

Edit: Another idea would be to just show the three main factions for player, or at least the modal one.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

I have completed 3 Terra Mystica games.
Twice as Alchemists and once as Nomads.
Looking at the Faction selection table Nomads is 4th and Alchemist 13th.
(4+13+13)/3=10

Adding 14 additional rows to the stat table of which only one will be used per player per game is quite excessive.
But I suppose you will be able to discern the most frequently played Faction by it.
Een

Post by Een »

N_Faker wrote:The Faction stat is the Faction you use for the games. (i.e. Mermaids, Auren, Giants)

Each Faction is assigned a number which will display as the Faction name in the table stats.
The average therefor has no meaning.
I confirm that.
It's included in the average table because all statistics are treated the same way, but it effectively has no meaning as an average.

Return to “Terra Mystica”