The game is pretty cool but

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
nmego

The game is pretty cool but

Post by nmego »

I've been trying off Terra Mystica and I liked it so far. I'm not really good in it by any means, but as I play more and experiment with new strategies I get better. But lately I've noticed that the games are way tooooo long. So that to avoid boredem I have to multi-task during the game, which wipes out my concentration and the more I play it I feel more bored. I really like the game but I think it takes too long of a time.
Estemy

Re: The game is pretty cool but

Post by Estemy »

+1 Turn based is even worse lol. I'm never playing this turn based again, unless it's against active opponents. I have a turn based game open right now that started when the game first came out. We are STILL in round 2 since some ppl make 1 move a week.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Turn-based:

Yeah, it took 6 months to end my first game of 5 player mayflower.
This is why the turn based games are likely to be 2 or 3 player.
Instead you could open a LOT of concurrent turn based games, so you're not waiting around.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

Yes, the time allowed for this is way too long and the speed desired should be displayed.
Yack_san

Post by Yack_san »

Guys, why you complain about game Speed when you join table with clearly defined Time Speed???? Simply dont join such table - some players want more Time and some less....stop being selfish.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

The point is even when I set it to fast, it allows them to take over 2 hours in a 3 player.
I have had a number of games under 70 minutes.
nmego

Post by nmego »

Yeah, even fast time setting can take a lot of time. I think we need to get the time for "fast" modified since it is not as fast as it should be.
Andy_K

Post by Andy_K »

For turn based games, I'd really like a speed rating on players and/or a filter of some sort on the games. Playing a turn based game with opponents who will (on average) make a move within an hour or two is a HUGE difference from playing with opponents who will take a day or two. Boiteajeux has a system like this, and it works great.
Corwin007

Post by Corwin007 »

I think this is one game where OTB might be faster than "live" online. Since when you play OTB at least you're not doing something else in the meantime. I've had OTB plays which took only 2 hours with people who know the game well.

That said, I don't have a problem with turn based, but I usually play on the 1 day per move or faster settings.

Return to “Terra Mystica”