Town key and favor tile timing

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Wigbolt

Town key and favor tile timing

Post by Wigbolt »

Does the BgA version of TM give you the opportunity to reach the top of a cult track in the same move that you obtain the town key needed?

So, let's say I need three more steps on the fire cult track to reach the top and building a sanctum will form a town.
Can I pick the favor tile that gives me three fire cult points and advance to the top, using the key from the town that was formed with the same move?
According to https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Ter ... _FAQ#toc11 article 2.10 it is a legal move, but I'm wondering if the BgA version allows it as well.

Thanks
Last edited by Wigbolt on 23 August 2018, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Exkalipoor

Re: Town key and favor tile timing

Post by Exkalipoor »

So, let's say I need three more steps on the fire cult track to reach the top and building a temple will form a town.
Can I pick the favor tile that gives me three fire cult points and advance to the top, using the key from the town that was formed with the same move?
You can't create a town by building a temple, unless you get Fire+2, since the power value of your buldings doesn't increase.
Wigbolt

Post by Wigbolt »

Thanks for your answer, Exkalipoor. And of course you are right.
I should have said 'sanctum' in the example, and have edited it as such now.

My initial question still stands, though... can I reach the top of a cult track with the favor tile I get while forming the town that I need the key from?

Or to put it differently: At what exact point does the game acknowledge the town key?
Is it when the town is formed? or when you take the town tile?
Exkalipoor

Post by Exkalipoor »

Yes, the game knows that you have already build another town even though the message "You have build a town, chose a town file." appears only after you have chosen a favor tile.

It is even possible to reach the fire top with the 2 fire favor tile without having a key, as long as you get a key through your new fire 2 favor tile.This happened to me in one of my games on BGA.
Wigbolt

Post by Wigbolt »

Great! Thanks again

Return to “Terra Mystica”