PC resources

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
irakun

PC resources

Post by irakun »

Hi!

I am experiencing that playing Dragon Keeper uses a lot of my pc resources and heat it up until it switches off. It is an old computer, but it works well will all other games (It even reproduces youtube videos with the appropiate ventilation :P )

The thing is, this happens even if I switch to 2D mode... Is anybody else experiencing issues? Is there any way to decrease the resoursces that the app needs?

Thanks
irakun

Re: PC resources

Post by irakun »

Follow up: I cleaned my pc and changed the thermal paste and now it doesnt switch off with the game. On the other hand, it keeps consuming a lot of resources, up to a point where I dont think I will be playing the game just because I dont want to unnecesary burn my pc... :)
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

If the 2D mode is just 3D with a fixed viewing angle from the top, it would explain why there is no difference.
irakun

Post by irakun »

yeah, that would probably explain it. The thing is that my computer is old, but such a simple game shouldnt use resources that way.... Especially when te game actually does not gain that much being in 3D...

Return to “Dragon Keeper: The Dungeon”