Earlier game end

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
A-dam

Earlier game end

Postby A-dam » 28 May 2018, 16:41

Today was released another update. The game can now end when the score cannot be changed anymore (final order of the players). It is not strict end, but at least half of the players must agree to an end. When the condition is met, every player can vote during his/her turn or continue playing as usual.

Just to remind you changes done before: clicking on the selected pawn will deselect it

Adam

ufoseeker

Re: Earlier game end

Postby ufoseeker » 28 May 2018, 16:52

That's a good idea ;)

ufoseeker

Postby ufoseeker » 28 May 2018, 17:02

...and what I like very much is the fact we can now select easily a single pawn or a double pawn thanks to the "I" or "II" that appear.

Pedros

Postby Pedros » 04 October 2018, 10:31

I now have a position where my opponent is 9-0 down. He has 4 pawns on the inner tracks; I have two outside him. He has no chance of winning unless he takes both of mine, which obviously he has no chance of. We've been playing goodness knows how long like this and he just keeps demanding that I move in. I've met this numerous times previously but always the losing player accepts defeat and ends the game.

Should there be a mechanism for ending this kind of thing?

table #44306348

N_Faker

Postby N_Faker » 04 October 2018, 12:11

He has technically not lost yet if he has the possibility of victory, even if it is determined by you exposing yourself.

This is more a fault of the game than the player.

Maybe change it so that bridges are forced paths if only a single color occupies the most outer ring?
With 'forced path' I mean that bridges cease to act like points to move to an inner ring, but regular paths which you must move down.

Cappie

Postby Cappie » 04 October 2018, 14:07

It is a serious flaw in the game.

I have had a game just like that once, with myself in your position. There is no reason for me to go in the middle. And no reason for the other player to take the last spots in the center.
The only way to end this is if you can cross a bridge and score the last points or can catch a pawn from the other player in one turn.

Pedros

Postby Pedros » 08 October 2018, 12:45

Thanks both. I can't even hope for a good roll for a capture or a point - he has two pairs of doubled pawns one in each of the inner rings so I can't pass them safely.

But I don't quite agree it's a fundamental fault wit the game - more a rules drafting issue (unless the designer intends to force the leading player to move inside, which I doubt.) It's more like the previous issue which led to the more frequent early end situation. However, I'll just plod on and see what happens!

Return to “Hypnosia”