When players swap dice...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
rob2e

When players swap dice...

Post by rob2e » 27 July 2020, 16:47

...are they changing the OTHER PERSON'S dice faces? If so, on turn-based games, is there an indicator that your dice have been swapped? I feel I am loosing games because MAYBE when I forge dice faces that are awesome and don't realize I am giving them to the other player?

ThanX for any answers guys...

Woodruff

Re: When players swap dice...

Post by Woodruff » 27 July 2020, 17:53

Hi rob2e,

If you are referring to that "magical bird" (costing 3 moons, 10 VP), yes this is what happens.
If player X buys that card, the dice are swapped at the end of their turn. So if you are player Y following them, you get THEIR dice during YOUR turn and you act during your whole turn AS THEY WERE YOURS.

So, if you forge some faces, they go to their dice and player X then benefits from them.

I don't think there is an indicator for that, unfortunately. You have to focus when it happens...

If you are aware of that, a good strat could be to buy some crappy faces to replace some of their wonderful ones. I think this is because of that major drawback for player X that the "magical bird" is worth so many VP (10 VP are a lot for a 3-moon card).

That's all for the facts. Now, with my subjective point of view I hate that card ^^ I think it adds not much to the gameplay and the tradeoff it proposes seems poor. My 2 cents,

Woodruff

rob2e

Re: When players swap dice...

Post by rob2e » 28 July 2020, 01:28

ThanX Woodroof. Unfortunately I play in about 150 turn-based games simultaneously, so I really can't focus. It would be nice to have an indicator.

Return to “Dice Forge”