Possible problem with mirror of the abyss and celestial ship

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ethorad

Possible problem with mirror of the abyss and celestial ship

Post by ethorad »

Not sure, think it's a bug but I don't have the game so I can't check the precise wording of the rules. However the interaction on one of my recent games looked odd. The game was 98665286

At one point late on, I rolled (1 sun shard)+(celestial ship) and an opponent rolled (2 moon shard)+(mirror of the abyss). As it happened, I reacted first, and replaced my celestial ship with a 4 glory point face. My opponent then selected my new 4 GP face to copy with the mirror.

I thought their choice would be limited to the die faces actually rolled - so they would have been able to choose the celestial ship, but not the 4GP face. If they are able to copy the new face, is there some turn order enforced as otherwise both players will end up waiting for the other before making their move - I would wait until the mirror is used before giving a 4GP option to an opponent, and they would wait and see what I might turn the celestial ship into before making their choice.

Linked to that, the new 4GP face did replace a face which was actually rolled. However, if I had replaced a face which wasn't rolled the animation shows the die turning so that the new face is uppermost. I haven't been able to test it however, would someone with a mirror of the abyss then be able to copy the new face even though it wasn't on a side which was rolled? The UI shows the new face uppermost as if it had been rolled.
vincentt

Re: Possible problem with mirror of the abyss and celestial ship

Post by vincentt »

Hi,

Not a bug, it is indeed like this it should be played. In this case, the slection of resources is done in the turn order as the face up will not be the same :)

Vincent
ethorad

Re: Possible problem with mirror of the abyss and celestial ship

Post by ethorad »

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying. I thought I could see that both me and the player with the mirror had the spinning hourglass signifying that we both had actions to complete - which would suggest it isn't coded to be in turn order. That was why I made a mental note to see whether they chose my new face or not. From what you say it should be that they didn't have the hourglass until after I'd chosen a face? Unfortunately I can't remember exactly so not sure if this is a bug or not.

Return to “Dice Forge”