Pythia v0.6 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Foppeke

Re: Pythia v0.6 - visual aid helper for 7 Wonders BGA

Post by Foppeke » 01 August 2020, 12:05

Thanks for the response on this.
Your reaction sounds as good news for the 7w community, since most are against it (clearly showing in this topic).
It would be 'ok' as a variant, open to anyone, but it's not needed.

Concerning the tools it offers now: showing 'playercards' is clearly cheating and should not be allowed in any case.
Honestly the other features don't add that much. 'War scores' is a 2nd on the list concerning the saved time it offers you, to not have to calculate this score for yourself.
The 'leader runnerup' and 'guild points' : those are ok. That won't worry anyone if it get's added, but it's not needed...

jaspingrobus

Post by jaspingrobus » 01 August 2020, 15:24

Thanks for the response.

The only thing that makes sense to me is the guild points.

Runner-up & Leader will just lead to more frustration.
Adding current military points is more confusing to average player and really not neccesary.
Showing hands is outside the spirit of the game.
Showing what can come in your hand is totally outside of the spirit of the game.

Tadachini

Post by Tadachini » 01 August 2020, 18:14

sourisdudesert wrote:
01 August 2020, 08:51
We don't understand why tool's developer did this
Hi there! I am the developer of Pythia, and I would be super happy to talk and explain my motivation. I have already sent you my contact details over PM a few weeks ago, I will do it again in case they got lost. Happy to chat over email or jump on a video call to discuss if some parts of Pythia can be integrated into BGA. That would be really cool!
sourisdudesert wrote:
01 August 2020, 08:51
The publisher/designer may disapprove this.

The publisher and designer approved the existing 7 Wonders adaptation. What if they decide that 7W + Pythia extension is not a correct implementation of their game, and threaten BGA to remove the authorization to have the game here?
If the publisher and designer disapprove the new adaptation - the answer is very simple, I will delete Pythia and that's it.

Again, glad you have posted here, I hope we can collaborate.

dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 » 05 August 2020, 10:22

I still think that one main benefit of an "open cards" variant is the much enhanced accessibility for turn-based games. The memorization aspect is already stripped away in these. While taking notes CAN be fun, I doubt that it is fun or meaningful for the majority of players. Showing all "known" cards would be convenient to have a strong focus on strategy/tactics. For me, this is definitely within the spirit of the game.

Marking the leader and adding future military points to total score are matters of taste, could lead to confusion for some people, and will be appreciated by others. Ideally these are options.

augustjologs

Post by augustjologs » 05 August 2020, 12:17

dschingis27 wrote:
05 August 2020, 10:22
I still think that one main benefit of an "open cards" variant is the much enhanced accessibility for turn-based games.
Totally unnecessary. The ability to replay "last move" or even from the very beginning of the game is already available. I guess, no amount of 'sugar coating' can make this hack avoid being called what it truly is - a cheat.

jaspingrobus

Post by jaspingrobus » 05 August 2020, 16:52

Can we have it deleted? Fortunately noone is installing it, but it would be nice to have this resolved.

Return to “7 Wonders”