Give us back 7 Wonders

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
6element

Re: Give us back 7 Wonders

Post by 6element » 14 September 2020, 00:17

So far I have no intention to readjust strategy for the new edition (it is result of eight years of tuning and tweaking, it'll likely need weeks if not months to reach the same quality level for the new edition, and I don't want to invest this time). As result I'm staying with classic 7 Wonders. Not sure why people should care about my opinion, though.

Hyeungok

Post by Hyeungok » 14 September 2020, 11:37

I was actually on the positive side for this new version at the first glance.
Some wonders are revised and look better -- for instance, Alex (A) and Ephesos (A) do not need to have double grey for their 3rd wonder // Babylon (B) now can play two cards in its last hand easier than before, and so on.
However, IMHO, I cannot say this new version is the superior one over the original version.
I believe that some wonders are too much nerfed -- for example, see Olympia -- now it asks the player a "luck" to have valuable card for free. Is it always the case? I think not. Hali became more handy to play till its 2nd wonder -- no need to have double brick. Gizah, which should have been upgraded has almost no upgrade at all!
And yes, as 6element said, we need to be adjusted to the new version--but why we need to do so?
As the we are now forced to play the new version in Arena this season (strange that Arena season 2 began with old ver and will end with new ver?), players should venture their time to get used to this version.
I hope that we can have two separate games -- 7Wonders(original) and 7Wonders(new). I believe that many players will be happy to continue to play Arena with familiar one, appreciating its original taste.

Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays » 14 September 2020, 12:56

The more adapation is needed the better for competitive play and arena.
New version is a blast, from my experience what was nerfed is Giza A & Babylon A indirectly. Olympia seems fine, but you need to play it really well.

SluggerBaloney

Post by SluggerBaloney » 14 September 2020, 19:33

And again my theory on software holds true: "Upgrades" are almost always worse.

I've abandoned Arena cause of these awful, awful graphics cause you can't switch to the old version there. Whoever messed this game up should apologize and never touch a line of code again. It is worse in every single aspect.

Interesting to see the contrarians still out there on the internet saying things that are objectively worse are better so they can feel special. God bless em

Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays » 14 September 2020, 19:47

SluggerBaloney wrote:
14 September 2020, 19:33
Interesting to see the contrarians still out there on the internet saying things that are objectively worse are better so they can feel special. God bless em
That's exactly how I feel about your comment ;)

Graphics might be worse on mobile tho, I don't play on mobile.

barnabuke

Post by barnabuke » 16 September 2020, 12:19

POURQUOI?

bertisch

Post by bertisch » 16 September 2020, 17:46

Yes give the previous version back !!!!!!

trez

Post by trez » 18 September 2020, 02:20

I was happy to play a couple games while transiting or waiting, with my cell... this time is simply over, new graphics are hard enough to decrypt that I don't know if this wonder requires stone or wood or ... so sad ! Very disappointed.

Yaps

Post by Yaps » 18 September 2020, 05:26

I like the new look of the game, but am I mistaken in thinking it is somehow slowing down gameplay to the point of appearing to freeze up from time to time?

I am running into that, but wanted to see if this is a common issue with the new version.

Wicksweff

Post by Wicksweff » 16 October 2020, 14:40

Totally agree with everything you said except for "the best game ever made" part.

Return to “7 Wonders”