Cannot see card descriptions on mobile

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Cos-

Cannot see card descriptions on mobile

Post by Cos- » 30 April 2021, 03:29

I'm new to this game and don't know most of the cards or remember how to decode the symbols in all cases, especially ambiguous or incomplete ones. Questions like, does this guild count my stuff or only my neighbors? So I depend a lot on the extra description of each card that pops up when you hover the mouse over it. But recently I had to play a move when I was away from my laptop, and tried to play from my tablet - something I've done quite successfully with all the other games I've tried on this site before - and found that I could not access the card descriptions. There is a little (i) in a circle icon that seems to promise information after I select a card, but I cannot get it to actually show anything. Not by pressing and holding on it, not by tapping quickly on it, not by clicking normally on it, nothing.

Does anyone know if this game is just impossible to fully access on a mobile device, or if there is a way to see the full card descriptions (and how)?

clxt

Re: Cannot see card descriptions on mobile

Post by clxt » 03 May 2021, 11:35

It is possible, but a bit tricky, you have to hold like 2 seconds on the little (i) icon. Or you can also check in the list of cards and chains at the bottom of the screen (same: hold 2 seconds). You can also do the same to check what cards other players have played.

Cos-

Re: Cannot see card descriptions on mobile

Post by Cos- » 03 May 2021, 18:52

Thanks. It looks like that works some of the time, while other times, it doesn't happen even if I hold for 5 seconds or longer. So it must just not have worked the first few times I tried and I didn't know it was supposed to work so I didn't try again until you said that's supposed to work. I tried a few times and it worked on the third try, so now I just now I have to try repeatedly until it works.

This looks very undiscoverable. It would be great if the game had a real card reference and a link from each card to its entry in that reference, so everyone could easily see it's a link and it would always work.

Return to “7 Wonders”