7 Wonders

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
N_Faker

Re: Strategy guide 7 Wonders

Post by N_Faker »

Liallan wrote:*@N_Faker... If you found a piece of music lying around but did not know who held the copyright or how to get a hold of them, does that give you free permission to do whatever the hell you want with it? Absolutely not. Why is a poster who left 4 years ago different? Because it's not. Why did they lose their rights just because you don't happen to know where they are?
Permission is of course not attained if a rights holder doesn't respond, or can't or won't contact you, that is absurd. Of course they don't lose their rights because of that.

It is the copyright holders' responsibility to enforce their copyright.

Daggerheart has broken no BGA rules, in this regard.
Last edited by N_Faker on 30 July 2018, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

N_Faker wrote: It is the copyright holders responsibility to enforce their copyright.
Um, it is the victim's responsibility not to be victimized? Is that what you mean to say? Because that would imply that for any crime (assault, theft, rape, murder...) that it was OK to do because the victim didn't stop it.

Also, it is not in question if Daggerheart has broken any BGA rules. It is in question if he has broken BGG rules and other laws.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Jest Phulin wrote:
N_Faker wrote: It is the copyright holders responsibility to enforce their copyright.
Um, it is the victim's responsibility not to be victimized? Is that what you mean to say? Because that would imply that for any crime (assault, theft, rape, murder...) that it was OK to do because the victim didn't stop it.
That is hardly a fitting analogy. How unbelievable are you to link this to personal criminal acts?
It is quite literally in the copyright holders' purview to deem if something is infringing on their copyright.
Jest Phulin wrote:Also, it is not in question if Daggerheart has broken any BGA rules. It is in question if he has broken BGG rules and other laws.
So contact BGG.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Good point. I'd recommend that anyone who has a problem with Daggerheart's behaviour, or whose work has been misappropriated by him, contact BGG with their concerns.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Jest Phulin: Copyright falls under civil law--it concerns interactions between private individuals. It has nothing to do with criminal law.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

nandblock wrote:Jest Phulin: Copyright falls under civil law--it concerns interactions between private individuals. It has nothing to do with criminal law.
You are correct; I was in error.
Daggerheart

Re: 7 Wonders

Post by Daggerheart »

I have removed the guides from BGG that are not mine.

One of you reported me to BGG and the moderator at BGG kicked me out of the BGG Facebook group also. I hope you guys are happy now. Well done!
Gerb81

Post by Gerb81 »

How do i start a game with other boards? I now Always get the same 3 boards?
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

Gerben van der Laan wrote:How do i start a game with other boards? I now Always get the same 3 boards?
You didnt always get the same boards.... But you did get the same a few times. That is just silly coincidence i guess...
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

nandblock wrote:Quick note (I'm not particularly interested in engaging further with this thread in detail, although Liallan makes reasonable points, and does understand how copyright works)--the purpose of this bit of the BGG agreement--
E. You also grant other users a license to your User Submissions.
By uploading User Submissions to BoardGameGeek, you hereby grant each user of the Geek Websites a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Geek Websites, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Geek Websites and under these Terms of Service.
--is for instance to explicitly allow users to quote other users' posts when they hit "reply". Similarly, BGG's terms of service need to spell out that they have a license to reproduce your posts; otherwise, if you upload a post they still would lack the right to have their server display that post to other users. Basically, the BGG terms of service are spelling out the minimal licence needed so that the website can function normally (with users uploading content which is then displayed to other users).
I know you said you didn't want to engage further... it's just that I haven't been back to this thread cause it's not showing up in my list, I guess because I've never actually played/completed a game. Just wanted to say thanks for the explanation. I don't always understand those things - I need textbooks in plain English to explain them to me. :P But "functionality of the site" does make sense.

Return to “7 Wonders”