Resigning

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
RobertBr

Resigning

Post by RobertBr » 11 March 2019, 16:37

It is not unusual to hit a situation where you have 10-20 moves to play out to finish a game. I'm not sure what the tournament behaviour is if you concede (or even if you can conceded in a tournament) but it would be very useful if you could do so to save playing out lengthy and slightly pointless endgames.

irakun

Re: Resigning

Post by irakun » 12 March 2019, 11:01

If I understood correctly, you just want to be able to concede a game when you know you cant win?

If so, you just need to go to the table you want to concede and hit the menu button (top right). there you hace options like propose to abandon the game collectively, quit the game or concede.

Een

Re: Resigning

Post by Een » 12 March 2019, 12:10

irakun wrote:If I understood correctly, you just want to be able to concede a game when you know you cant win?

If so, you just need to go to the table you want to concede and hit the menu button (top right). there you hace options like propose to abandon the game collectively, quit the game or concede.
This concede functionnality is disabled in tournaments, because depending on the tournament type, score counts for ranking players during the tournament.

And indeed some games are just win or loose without a meaningful score, but as the tournament system has been built for all games, the same restriction applies to all games. In order to lift this restriction for some games, it's not just a modification of the game but a change of the tournament system. So this joins the list of requests for upgrades of the tournament system.

Return to “Blooms”