"Handbook" vs "Complete" game version?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
SerBaldur

"Handbook" vs "Complete" game version?

Post by SerBaldur » 17 May 2019, 13:49

this is one of the game setup options and i can't find anywhere where it is defined. Searching for handbook on the internet only brings back link to the game's handbook.

If "handbook" is the intro game and "complete" is the standard game, then i suggest renaming handbook to something else. Also, "handbook" is the default, and i would imagine almost everyone wants to play complete except the very first time. A lot of handbook games are being set up.

cream

Re: "Handbook" vs "Complete" game version?

Post by cream » 21 May 2019, 22:45

Try to check the 'how to play?' button, and then rule session. There are two rule book and one is called 'handbook' and another is 'code of law'(which is the full game) I guess

CB Droege

Post by CB Droege » 05 July 2019, 17:02

I agree that handbook should not be the default. "Simple" is the default for the original game, and almost every time I started a game, I had to abandon and restart because it was a simple game... :O

Serilo

Post by Serilo » 06 July 2019, 01:18

New players will usually start with the default. If the default is not the learning version they might get problems...

However, Handbook is not really a good learning version; the tactics are very different from the real version.

Return to “throughtheagesnewstory”